Design Ideas for Pearlgonites

In this forum we have all information about the different kinds of Protoi Crystals.
The crystal informations are often updated. pls check this once in a while!
weiiiii

Design Ideas for Pearlgonites

Unread postby weiiiii » 21 May 2020 14:18

The thing with pearlgonites and SuPs is that once you made one of them you want to make more of them. So I'm here with some new experiments. :greetings-waveyellow:

I'm mostly interested in how to play with different color layouts to highlight the geometric forms in a dodecahedron. The following pics show two possibilities:
- The one on the left highlight the pentagon forms - if we use any pentagon form as base, a pentagon pearlgonite can been seen as a construction with 5 layers with 5-5-10-5-5 beads for each layer.
- The one on the right highlight the triangle which is the intersection of three conjunct pentagons - if we use this triangle as a base, a pentagon pearlgonite can be seen as a construction with 7 layers with 3-6-3-6-3-6-3 beads for each layer.

The idea for these two prototypes was to accentuate different layers/geometries with colors. The downside for this design is that the resulting pearlgonites/SuPs will have two good-looking angels as illustrated in the pictures, but more random-looking from the side.

I've also tried to create a gradient effect within a single pearlgonite, as you can see from the three pearlgonites in the center of the prototype on the right. I wanted to create more variations with the colors, and this was also done based on the layers idea from above.

This is all I have for now. Maybe more experiments in the future. I hope this will be slightly helpful if you happen to consider making a pearlgonite/SuP yourself. Any ideas/feedbacks/suggestions are welcome! The thing with design is that it gets better if we build on each other's ideas. :romance-grouphug:
Attachments
prototypes2.jpg
(201.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
prototypes1.jpg
(195.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Shellers
Signature: Shelly

Re: Design Ideas for Pearlgonites

Unread postby Shellers » 21 May 2020 15:40

These are amazing! So beautiful!

:romance-smileyheart:
jonas

Unread postby jonas » 21 May 2020 21:11

Yes, looks wonderful. For some reason reminded me of those fractals Drack used to make. :happy-sunshine:
Anton
Signature: A̛͂͐̾̈̊͐̓͑̎̚͏̶̢̞̟͉̻̲y̱̫͔̮͓͑̾̇̑̎ͨ̌̎ͫ̎̽̔̑͌̆̿͒̉͜͟y̭̯͖̱̳͔̞̞̤̲̰͔̣̱̘̿̓̿͌̍̽̐͗͋̅̅ͭ̋ͩͮ̑̋͐̕͝ͅ

Unread postby Anton » 21 May 2020 21:51

I think assymetrical can also look quite good if you get the colors right, but it can be challenging. :-D
Evo

Unread postby Evo » 22 May 2020 01:10

I love this thanks!
Azra

Unread postby Azra » 22 May 2020 15:54

These are so nice :clap: I enjoy looking at my SuP and pearlgonite and photos of other ones on here. I love the beauty in the patterns highlighted by the colours and looking from different angles.
weiiiii

Unread postby weiiiii » 23 May 2020 02:00

Thank you everyone! :romance-smileyheart:

@Anton, good point. Asymmetry would be a good direction to explore as well.
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 25 May 2020 19:04

weiiiii wrote:The thing with pearlgonites and SuPs is that once you made one of them you want to make more of them.

100% agree :happy-smileyflower: Only my fingers disagree with me sometimes because of the tight pulling which makes them ache a bit :lol:

You like playing with shapes and I love playing with colours. I tried asymmetrical combinations too.

I consider the first one as my masterpiece. This is me, many different pieces put together in a very strange and harmonic way.

This one is a field with flowers (unfortunately I can't get the colours properly pictured, the SuP itself is 100x more beautiful than the pics)
Attachments
IMG_3569.JPG
(757.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_3568.JPG
(791.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_3572.JPG
(911.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_3570.JPG
(874.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jonas

Unread postby jonas » 25 May 2020 20:36

I consider the first one as my masterpiece. This is me, many different pieces put together in a very strange and harmonic way.

It's beautiful. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbsup:
summer

Unread postby summer » 25 May 2020 22:02

:romance-heartsthree: field with flowers... beautiful!
Azra

Unread postby Azra » 26 May 2020 09:37

@Alexandra
Truly a masterpiece :romance-heartsthree: A Super Beauty!! It's one of those "it shouldn't work" pieces but it does! A Field of Flowers reminds me of the forum colours but much richer, more fantastical :happy-smileyflower:
weiiiii

Unread postby weiiiii » 26 May 2020 11:09

Δύναμις wrote:Only my fingers disagree with me sometimes because of the tight pulling which makes them ache a bit :lol:

I can totally relate to that. I need to rest a bit before I can continue with more experiments. :mrgreen:

Δύναμις wrote:This is me, many different pieces put together in a very strange and harmonic way.

I love this one. It reminds me of a book I have called (un)Fashion, which documents how some people would throw different things together in a manner that apparently goes against the orthodox fashion idea, but end up with styles that are very interesting-looking, chaotic yet harmonic at the same time.

The field with flowers is very beautiful indeed! It also happens to look very appetizing to me. Reminds me of grapes, which is my favorite fruit. :romance-smileyheart:
Anton
Signature: A̛͂͐̾̈̊͐̓͑̎̚͏̶̢̞̟͉̻̲y̱̫͔̮͓͑̾̇̑̎ͨ̌̎ͫ̎̽̔̑͌̆̿͒̉͜͟y̭̯͖̱̳͔̞̞̤̲̰͔̣̱̘̿̓̿͌̍̽̐͗͋̅̅ͭ̋ͩͮ̑̋͐̕͝ͅ

Unread postby Anton » 26 May 2020 15:42

weiiiii wrote:
Δύναμις wrote:Only my fingers disagree with me sometimes because of the tight pulling which makes them ache a bit :lol:

I can totally relate to that. I need to rest a bit before I can continue with more experiments. :mrgreen:

When I made my octagon, I pulled too hard and I lost my feeling in my left pinky for like a month... :laughing-rolling:
Evo

Unread postby Evo » 27 May 2020 03:00

Better than them breaking, I've lost a few within the past few weeks, unfortunately including my first one :(. By lost I mean sat on because I use some as wallet pearls :lol:

Return to “PROTOI Crystals”