What is the Protoi-family reading?

Flow

What is the Protoi-family reading?

Unread postby Flow » 09 Mar 2019 10:57

Hi guys :greetings-wavingyellow:

I enjoyed reading in the past very much and was reading every free minute. But since I'm older I have not the patience to read, or the time, or..
I think it's a lot of influences, that I can't read in silence anymore, but anyway.

What did you all read and can recommend?

:romance-grouphug:
Eirenaios

Re: What is the Protoi-family reading?

Unread postby Eirenaios » 09 Mar 2019 12:40

Hi :greetings-waveyellow:
I have been reading a webnovel called: Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?
English translation: I’m A Spider, So What?

It's a good read if you like rpg and the genre of transporting to another world.
You can find it on novelupdates.com
I recommend reading the side stories, because they are a part of the main plot.

Also what types of genre do you like? Because I know quite a bit of manga/novels that could be interesting. Manga is easier to read, but it's easier to get engrossed to the story and the characters, in my opinion. I can also help you out with music too if you want, so that you have some music to listen to while you read.

And if you don't like to read silently, why not try and find some music that may fit the mood of whatever you're reading, so that you can get more engrossed in what you're reading. It's mostly about the mood one is in and the distractions around you that depends on whether you want to read or not.
If you want some help, then just message me. :happy-smileyflower: :handgestures-thumbup:

Also, some other recommendations:

•Tate no Yuusha no nariagari (Rising of the shield hero)
•To deprive a deprived person
•I was a sword when I reincarnated
•Re:monster (but the mc gets a bit mental later in the story)
•Re:Zero
•Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni (In a different world with a smartphone)
Last edited by Eirenaios on 10 Mar 2019 13:51, edited 2 times in total.
Ley

Unread postby Ley » 09 Mar 2019 15:23

Here something i think you can read :

Overlord (Good so far but it when downhill after this guy become a king)
Yahari ore seishun rabukome wa machigatteiru (Multiple ending , quiet atmosphere (everytime i read this always feel calm) )
Trafford’s Trading Club (This guy think he own the world and the world spin around him)
Cultural Invasion In Different World (Not read this yet , just see the comment then i decide post this)
My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending (This one more entertainment , minor side is if the author feel bored he may drop it)
Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear (Not read this , but someone say it fluffy)
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (Already have anime version , novels more details , main character kinda naive - it change later , villain have eight-grade syndrome, so this story not really serious)
Vinland (Manga , mc not likeable from the start , later will change)
A-bout (Manga , comedy - sometimes serious)
Ocha Nigosu (Recommend read this , i end up re-read this manga 3 times]
Katsu - Cross game (From Mitsuru Adachi (Most are sport))

I may update later if i feel they can readable.
Last edited by Ley on 11 Mar 2019 23:31, edited 10 times in total.
Straix

Unread postby Straix » 10 Mar 2019 11:37

I love to read. Since I learned to read at the age of 5 or 6 it has been and still is one of my greatest passions. Looking back now, through my widest acquired perspective it all falls into one nice picture. Seems that this passion was a big part of my unconscious attempt to seek out the truth. The search isn't done but at least now I know that I am on the right solid path.

Love for reading seems to have been a tool to seek out the knowledge (to remember (in part) what darks made us forget) and ultimately led here. In the process of seeking the best, deepest, most profound, fundamental knowledge I was building my own "algorithm" that would weigh and analyse everything I put my attention to. Casual, entertaining reading was slowly pushed to the side and gradually gave way to what I at that time considered to be the most serious, hardest to understand, most profound sources of knowledge. I can hardly see myself going back to the reading for fun, not when I know now what is actually going on in this 3d life. Now every outside source of information seems like a waste of time, and except for entertainment I see nothing useful in reading such pieces of writing. This is only my point of view and by no means am I pushing this perspective on to anyone :happy-smileyflower:

So, no recommendations from me, sorry :roll: :text-lol: or maybe one reccomendation- read the PP forum :happy-sunshine:
Flow

Unread postby Flow » 26 Mar 2019 14:05

Ohh I read the forum all day Straix, it's like a second job :whistle:

It is very interesting what you wrote. Maybe it has something to do with it. Can't sit down in this hectic world no more. The time is flying and there is not much space to do so like in old times. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

@alladin and ley
I will look up your recommendations, very much thanks :obscene-drinkingcheers:
I was reading a lot of big stories in the past. Type of Potter, much of Hohlbein, etc.
So I think my interests are going into the fantasy direction. It's hard for me to start a new book, because I kind of "miss" the old story and charakters.
I check the Mangas out.

Thank you guys :romance-grouphug:
Azra

Unread postby Azra » 30 Mar 2019 21:18

Hello Flow,

I haven't chipped in because my recent reading hasn't been very 'entertainment' based and I don't want to suggest anything by darks! But maybe it will be helpful to you or someone else or I'll learn what I need to stay away from! Atm I am reading The Drama of the Gifted Child which looks at the causes of childhood trauma. It's a very short, simply written book with some good insights. And I've been dipping into a book on Summerhill, the name of a quite radical, alternative school in England, written by the founder.

I, like Straix and yourself, am reading the forum mostly aswell these days and do wonder at the value of much else. I have read some philosophers many years ago and the references to Classical Greek history on the forum have made me keen to read more on that era via the likes of Plato (and some physics would be handy - something I didn't pick up on enough in school days and thus a weak area).

When I found the forum I was reading a book on Toussaint L'Ouverture and the Haitian revolution (by a historian) and a novel by a Kenyan author called Petals of Blood. I listened to the healing music while reading and now the characters and mood of the books are intertwined with the music of Yiruma for me! I haven't got around to one I was given called Pushing Boulders, an autobiography (a rags to riches story. He ended up unsatisfied and put his wealth into helping children in the worst schools with confidence building through reading projects).

This all might be far from what you're interested in though! I used to enjoy the authors of magical-realism many years ago, the stuff I've mentioned may not be up your street at all!

Return to “Music * Video * Relax * Fun corner”