Mistakes

Δύναμις

Mistakes

Unread postby Δύναμις » 29 Feb 2016 15:54

astrochimp wrote: I'm learning to make mistakes without telling myself it's a bad thing and I'm a bad person for it.
more here

Please don't assume that I love astrochimp that much to quote him, because I don't :happy-smileyflower: (he always tries to drive me crazy, our "relationship" is kind of ping-pong game) but this sentence of his is definitely worth quoting.
I have been thinking of mistakes for many months now and this sentence was probably the "reminder" I needed to do it. :text-thankyoublue: astrochimp!

Μistake is:

The above screenshot shows how many concepts are related to the word "mistake". The fact of making a mistake itself means that "somebody is not going the right way". What do you do if you go the wrong way? You go back and try again. This is it! This is all you should understand by the word "mistake". Making a mistake doesn't make you bad. Stick to your mistake and expect everyone to accept your mistake as a truth makes you bad (or shows your real self), because you intentionally twist the truth, just to accommodate your ego. A healthy ego = being aware of who and what you are, has no problem to accept going the wrong way for what reason ever and correct it straight away. What makes you feel bad, is not the mistake itself, but the triggered ego that can't accept being in the wrong and gives you hard times.

A mistake is nothing more than an experience. It is a failed attempt. The moment you took the decision to do/say a certain thing you were convinced that it will work out ok, but on the go you realized that it didn't. It was a mistake, a misconception. Go back, clear it and continue as if nothing happened. All that happened was one more experience to avoid = you accumulated more knowledge.

There is nothing wrong with doing mistakes! Nobody is perfect! Nothing is perfect! Everything flows (τα πάντα ρει, panta rhei,Heraclitus). How can there be something like "perfection" if everything is a permanent flow? It can't! It is a flow and there many ways to explore.
Perfection doesn't exist and it is unfair to expect perfection from others or yourself.

High perfection requirements that only aim to make you feel bad and diminish your value as (human) being are dark rules. You are not bad if you make mistakes! You are bad if you don't correct them. When a light being realizes a mistake (own or from others), it tries to correct it. When a dark being realizes a mistake, he or she will take advantage of the situation by putting everyone but him-/herself in the wrong. This is the difference and this is what makes you be a bad person or not. Not the mistake, but your attitude towards the mistake.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes!
Don't be afraid to correct mistakes!
Don't take advantage of others' mistakes!

:romance-grouphug: :romance-heartsthree:
Attachments
mistake.jpg
(98.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
marie

Re: Mistakes

Unread postby marie » 29 Feb 2016 16:22

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I love this! :romance-heartsthree: I will teach this to my kids, too! :text-thankyoublue:
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 29 Feb 2016 17:13

marie wrote:I love this! :romance-heartsthree: I will teach this to my kids, too! :text-thankyoublue:

Yes, please! Do that! :handgestures-thumbup:

:romance-grouphug:
astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 29 Feb 2016 17:32

marie wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I love this! :romance-heartsthree: I will teach this to my kids, too! :text-thankyoublue:

:text-+1:
astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 29 Feb 2016 17:39

Δύναμις wrote:Please don't assume that I love astrochimp that much to quote him, because I don't :happy-smileyflower: (he always tries to drive me crazy, our "relationship" is kind of ping-pong game) but this sentence of his is definitely worth quoting.
I have been thinking of mistakes for many months now and this sentence was probably the "reminder" I needed to do it. :text-thankyoublue: astrochimp!

:lol:

:text-goodpost:
summer

Unread postby summer » 29 Feb 2016 18:31

:greetings-waveyellow:
So true.
:text-goodpost: :romance-heartsthree:
jmrobledo
Signature: My name is Juan Manuel Robledo
I live in Aguascalientes, México.

Unread postby jmrobledo » 01 Mar 2016 06:33

:text-+1: :text-goodpost:
eternalullaby

Unread postby eternalullaby » 01 Mar 2016 15:00

Thank you for this terrific post! :romance-heartsthree: I used to struggle with perfectionism, so this was really comforting to hear.

:romance-grouphug:
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 01 Mar 2016 16:15

eternalullaby wrote:I used to struggle with perfectionism, so this was really comforting to hear.

You are the best possible under the given circumstances, therefore "perfect" for the moment. The moment changes, "perfection" gets challenged. What is not working any longer needs to be exchanged/improved. Yesterday's "perfection" is today's "mistake". We can only do the best possible for the moment being and not put ourselves under pressure.

:romance-heartsthree: :romance-grouphug:
Grayfox

Unread postby Grayfox » 01 Mar 2016 16:20

Thanks astrochimp for inspiring this post, and Δύναμις for turning that inspiration into a beautiful article. I think "learning to make mistakes" is a wonderful thing :happy-sunshine: .

I agree that "making mistakes" done in a light and beautiful way is really nothing to be afraid of, when viewed from a higher (more complete, more accurate) perspective.

Δύναμις wrote:What makes you feel bad, is not the mistake itself, but the triggered ego that can't accept being in the wrong and gives you hard times.

[...] You were convinced that it will work out ok, but on the go you realized that it didn't. It was a mistake, a misconception. Go back, clear it and continue as if nothing happened. All that happened was one more experience to avoid = you accumulated more knowledge.

My personal feeling on this is this: Imagine a pinball (the ball that goes in the arcade machine with the flippers at the bottom). Now if you have a "triggered ego" and you feel very heavy, this heaviness keeps you from seeing the "beauty" in making mistakes. And it really can be beautiful, because it means that you can try almost anything (that seems like a good idea) from where you are, from wherever you are, any start position, and find out through the experience (the choice) which path to dig deeper down. And also which path to let go, because it hurt yourself, or others, or it simply 'didn't work!' in achieving your desired objective. Your experience turns into "finding out What Works for me :mrgreen: " (not necessarily a "selfish" meaning).

And on the other hand when you are feeling "light" (funny how the word here is "light" :-D ) you have the energy to "re-launch" the pinball, you can send yourself flying once again!

(Though I need breaks sometimes in between launches :text-lol: :happy-smileyflower: )

Triggered ego = feeling too heavy to re-launch the pinball. Getting stuck in one choice, and not seeing a way out of it. It's not an accurate view of the situation (which is that you can always re-launch yourself into another go), but it feels like this maybe: :crying-yellow:

And the "lightness" feeling is looking at the whole situation of "launching" like this: (making decisions/experiences): :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :laughing-rolling: :romance-grouphug:

Every step is just one more step closer to your objective/goal, when viewed at in this "light" (again with the word light!)

The above is just my interpretation.

Δύναμις wrote:When a dark being realizes a mistake, he or she will take advantage of the situation by putting everyone but him-/herself in the wrong.

Thank you for this insight. This helped me to analyse certain behaviours more clearly.

:text-thankyoublue: for this post.
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 01 Mar 2016 16:54

Grayfox wrote:And the "lightness" feeling is looking at the whole situation of "launching" like this: (making decisions/experiences): :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :laughing-rolling: :romance-grouphug:

Every step is just one more step closer to your objective/goal, when viewed at in this "light" (again with the word light!)

:text-thankyoublue: Grayfox (or Eagleseye :happy-smileyflower: ) for the great addition to my post :romance-kisscheek:

:romance-grouphug: :romance-heartsthree:
astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 01 Mar 2016 19:13

Grayfox wrote:My personal feeling on this is this: Imagine a pinball (the ball that goes in the arcade machine with the flippers at the bottom). Now if you have a "triggered ego" and you feel very heavy, this heaviness keeps you from seeing the "beauty" in making mistakes. And it really can be beautiful, because it means that you can try almost anything (that seems like a good idea) from where you are, from wherever you are, any start position, and find out through the experience (the choice) which path to dig deeper down. And also which path to let go, because it hurt yourself, or others, or it simply 'didn't work!' in achieving your desired objective. Your experience turns into "finding out What Works for me :mrgreen: " (not necessarily a "selfish" meaning).

:text-+1: :text-goodpost:

What a great analogy! When able to explore the world with this kind of attitude, every experience feels like a kitten/puppy party. :text-lol:
Grayfox

Unread postby Grayfox » 02 Mar 2016 03:40

My pleasure Dynamis :mrgreen: ( :-D )

astrochimp wrote: :text-+1: :text-goodpost:

What a great analogy! When able to explore the world with this kind of attitude, every experience feels like a kitten/puppy party. :text-lol:

Thank you. I hope so! :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: I am not sure if every experience feels as lovely as you described ( :romance-heartsthree: :angelic-green: ), but I can see what you mean. Thank you for the vision of a "kitty/puppy party", I love that! :happy-jumpeveryone:
eternalullaby

Unread postby eternalullaby » 02 Mar 2016 22:34

Δύναμις wrote:You are the best possible under the given circumstances, therefore "perfect" for the moment. The moment changes, "perfection" gets challenged. What is not working any longer needs to be exchanged/improved. Yesterday's "perfection" is today's "mistake". We can only do the best possible for the moment being and not put ourselves under pressure.

:romance-heartsthree: :romance-grouphug:

That makes 'perfect' sense :handgestures-thumbup: :text-lol:

:angelic-green: :romance-grouphug:
delta

Unread postby delta » 04 Mar 2016 05:52

Great stuff alex :angelic-flying:

Return to “Understand your own situation!”