The Milgram Experiment

Δύναμις

The Milgram Experiment

Unread postby Δύναμις » 01 Feb 2014 16:11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISHeON3AsY0

Thanks to a greek newspaper's article I came across the Milgram experiment once more and I felt the need to share it with you as this may help you understand your own situation. You can find many info on this experiment on the net, if you want.
I would like you to apply this to your own situation. The darks put everyone of us in the situation of the "teacher". We all have control the one or the other way over others. How do you act? What do you do? How do you treat people that depend upon you? You obey even if you know that you harm them, just because your employer wants it this way? Aren't you responsible for your own actions? Do you think your own responsibilty stops where your job starts?

Would you consider the teacher as a powerful being? Of course not, because he follows and does what the authority expects him to do. He would be powerful if he would object and stop the experiment straight away.
Would you consider the pupil as a powerful being? For sure not, as he finds himself in a very bad situation.
Both teacher and pupil together can object and stop the painful experiment straight away. This is where the authority finds out how powerless it is.

The authority on this planet are the darks.
You and I are teachers and pupils. Let's take them the power away!
Nuross

Re: The Milgram Experiment

Unread postby Nuross » 05 Feb 2014 21:29

Thanx you've touched on this topics, Dynamis!
Years ago when I worked at some schools as a teacher and in one institution for problematic youth, I was few times put in situation where some kids behaved violently to weaker ones. I really couldn't believe it is possible for some kids to be and act so evil and can purposly provoke...(at that time I still didn't know what is really going on here). That pushed my button, and of course, I reacted bad, although I knew it isn't in my nature. Still many times, when I think about it, feel guilty and sorry about it... Just recently I saw one of these kids, he has the same vibe, feels no soul in it, empty sucking blackhole... Now I understand more, thank you!
But makes me feel encouraged when I often meet many pupils who are grown up persons now, who are happy to see me and we can talk to each other on equal level...and I remember they were allways like that, real pearls. I never felt good in authority rule although teaching by itself can be something very nice, too...but that's another story.

Nu
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 05 Feb 2014 21:57

:text-thankyoublue: for the :text-goodpost: Nu :-)
Nuross

Unread postby Nuross » 05 Feb 2014 23:59

Tnx, I needed to go for a walk after this one to do some clearing on it...still sensitive topic for me.
I think I would never go to work in school again...Not in the way as school system is today - pressures on teachers are getting much bigger, they are fully occupied by bureaucracy beside teaching. Most of them who I meet are frustrated or exhausted... And you can't get there any knowledge or skills how to live your life anyway. Mostly it is IQ selection and competition.
Big change needed!
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 06 Feb 2014 11:15

Nuross wrote:...I think I would never go to work in school again...Not in the way as school system is today -...Big change needed!

Absolutely right! Many people think (or rather like to believe) that the big change, that they have been promised by various darks is about their own personal wealth and about some bigger changes in the politics. Those people ignore totally the main point and keep on sleeping and dreaming. The change won't bring money to the poor but the knowledge to everyone that money is not the target of a human life. Things will change and we will need many good teachers to show them the right way.
Now, dear Nu, be a bit patient and I am sure you'll want to teach again in the future :wink:.
Nuross

Unread postby Nuross » 06 Feb 2014 14:18

Now, dear Nu, be a bit patient and I am sure you'll want to teach again in the future :wink:

Exactly that! :happy-sunshine:
Somolovac

Unread postby Somolovac » 19 Mar 2014 14:54

Hi Nu,

I was a teacher for long 5 years. I teach in High school. In the end, I was tired, exhausted and without energy. I have to leave this job even I enjoyed it otherwhise it will destroy me.

I fully understand and agree with written:
Not in the way as school system is today - Pressures on teachers are getting much bigger, They are Fully Occupied by bureaucracy beside teaching. MOST OF THEM WHO I meet are frustrated or exhausted ... And You Can not Get There Any knowledge or skills how to live your life anyway. Mostly it is the IQ selection and competition.
Nuross

Unread postby Nuross » 19 Mar 2014 21:18

Hi Somolovac,
nice to meet you here!
:text-welcomeconfetti:

Thank you for sharing your experience. :handgestures-thumbup:
I'm slowly opening my ways to not formal ways of teaching and mostly the things I love to do myself and I live them with my heart and soul. That may happen spontaneously in the street, in bar, anywhere... But seems as well we have now a huge energetical support around to do it in unpredictable ways, we just need to follow the flow and have clear intention. If teaching is part of our nature it will come to its best realization. This is just a first step.
:happy-sunshine:

Nu
Somolovac

Unread postby Somolovac » 21 Mar 2014 02:09

Hello Nuross,

thank you for your nice welcome sign :happy-sunshine:
Elalgals

Unread postby Elalgals » 07 Mar 2016 20:40

:greetings-wavingyellow: everyone,

I work in an off site school run by the local authority. The kids I work with come from families, mostly living solely on benefits. Some are also looked after and accommodated by the city.
My colleagues and I are the only "family" some of these kids have.

We could do so much more if the shackles were taken off.

I'm currently debating whether or not to enroll my 8yr old in secondary education, when the time comes? I have no faith in the education system at all, we teach to test, not to understand. Don't get me started on history !

Yet every month I rely on my pay check :scared-shocked:

:confusion-seeingstars: :

Return to “Understand your own situation!”