Email Prompts from Replies to Threads in PP Forum

Anna
Signature: Really?! Hmm...Let me think about that...

Email Prompts from Replies to Threads in PP Forum

Unread postby Anna » 03 Mar 2016 20:09

All my notifications emails are going into my spam/junk folder despite me having added the forum email (forum@presbeia-protoi.org) to my Contacts. As such I keep missing replies to threads. I am using an iPad Air (Browser: Safari) and AOL (Email). Any suggestions please? :confusion-questionmarks:
juu

Re: Email Prompts from Replies to Threads in PP Forum

Unread postby juu » 03 Mar 2016 20:40

:greetings-waveyellow:

SUgestions?
Get used to It... :laughing-rolling:

Seriously.. Tech is very easiBle influence..
It can get very annoying
astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 03 Mar 2016 23:14

juu wrote::greetings-waveyellow:

SUgestions?

It can get very annoying

juu... get used to it but also do something about it, yes? Especially when it's possible!

It can be very annoying, though :text-lol:
astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 03 Mar 2016 23:17

Anna wrote:All my notifications emails are going into my spam/junk folder despite me having added the forum email (forum@presbeia-protoi.org) to my Contacts. As such I keep missing replies to threads. I am using an iPad Air (Browser: Safari) and AOL (Email). Any suggestions please? :confusion-questionmarks:

There's also a "not spam" button there somewhere you also have to use in addition to creating a contract. After you do that, you should start receiving the forum emails directly into your mailbox.
Anna

Unread postby Anna » 04 Mar 2016 00:38

astrochimp wrote:
Anna wrote:All my notifications emails are going into my spam/junk folder despite me having added the forum email (forum@presbeia-protoi.org) to my Contacts. As such I keep missing replies to threads. I am using an iPad Air (Browser: Safari) and AOL (Email). Any suggestions please? :confusion-questionmarks:

There's also a "not spam" button there somewhere you also have to use in addition to creating a contract. After you do that, you should start receiving the forum emails directly into your mailbox.

Thanks, yes I've done that (repeatedly) & usually that resolves it, but not in this instance... :(
juu

Unread postby juu » 04 Mar 2016 04:27

astrochimp wrote:

SUgestions?

It can get very annoying

juu... get used to it but also do something about it, yes? Especially when it's possible!

HEllo

Well.. The more i try to fight it the more energy it withrawn from me...

I just laugh a little..

But un open to suggestions!

Bye!
astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 04 Mar 2016 13:37

juu wrote:
astrochimp wrote:

SUgestions?

It can get very annoying

HEllo

Well.. The more i try to fight it the more energy it withrawn from me...

I just laugh a little..

But un open to suggestions!

Bye!

Laughing is good! Keep laughing and like a skilled football player, find your way around their traps. When you feel that where you're going will lead to no good, pivot sharply and with the same smile on your face!

We control to some extent exactly what they'll get from us. And they don't like smiles!

:happy-wavemulticolor:
astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 04 Mar 2016 13:38

Anna wrote:
astrochimp wrote:

Thanks, yes I've done that (repeatedly) & usually that resolves it, but not in this instance... :(

Try double checking the contact you created.
Anna

Unread postby Anna » 04 Mar 2016 14:22

@ astrochimp

Checked - it's accurate - thanks anyway :happy-smileyflower:
astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 04 Mar 2016 15:56

Anna wrote:@ astrochimp

You can try signing up for another free email account, changing your forum email to the new one and then forwarding the emails from the new account to your AOL account.
Anna

Unread postby Anna » 05 Mar 2016 17:17

astrochimp wrote:
Anna wrote:@ astrochimp

You can try signing up for another free email account, changing your forum email to the new one and then forwarding the emails from the new account to your AOL account.

Nah...too much hassle...Ill just keep checking the spam/junk folders - thanks anyway :happy-smileyflower:
Little One

Unread postby Little One » 08 Feb 2017 02:50

Notifications:

Kitty wrote:
But another thing,...when you/someone writes a reply since days I don't receive the notification :confusion-questionmarks: :confusion-questionmarks: Have no idea why.

Profile >> User Control Panel >> Board preferences >> Edit notification options

you can check what settings you have here
Kitty

Unread postby Kitty » 08 Feb 2017 08:02

Little One wrote:Notifications:

Kitty wrote:
But another thing,...when you/someone writes a reply since days I don't receive the notification :confusion-questionmarks: :confusion-questionmarks: Have no idea why.

Profile >> User Control Panel >> Board preferences >> Edit notification options

you can check what settings you have here

I always had the same settings. So without touching it I received the notifications, then those stopped, now I logged in a the notifications are back. Who knows those might disappear again. No matter about the settings because those were untouched.
Grayfox

Unread postby Grayfox » 08 Feb 2017 08:37

Kitty wrote:I always had the same settings. So without touching it I received the notifications, then those stopped, now I logged in a the notifications are back. Who knows those might disappear again. No matter about the settings because those were untouched.
Actually, I believe your settings are working properly. What is happening, and it is subtle to notice, but you only get notifications if someone quotes you in a post, like I have just done here. If someone replies to something you said, or does not include your name in the quote, I believe that you do not get a notification. You can see this setting here:

ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options

(Image edited for brevity)

If you want to always get notifications for any thread you post in (or are interested in), then "subscribe to" or "bookmark" those threads, and as noted in your notification options, you should begin to receive notifications for those threads, regardless of whether you are quoted or not.

To subscribe to, or bookmark a thread, look in the top-left corner of the page for the "Subscribe topic" button, or click the wrench icon, as shown in this image:

Attachments
notification options.PNG
(160.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
subscribe bookmark.PNG
(56.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Kitty

Unread postby Kitty » 08 Feb 2017 10:12

Grayfox wrote:
Kitty wrote:I always had the same settings. So without touching it I received the notifications, then those stopped, now I logged in a the notifications are back. Who knows those might disappear again. No matter about the settings because those were untouched.
Actually, I believe your settings are working properly. What is happening, and it is subtle to notice, but you only get notifications if someone quotes you in a post, like I have just done here. If someone replies to something you said, or does not include your name in the quote, I believe that you do not get a notification. You can see this setting here:

ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options

(Image edited for brevity)

If you want to always get notifications for any thread you post in (or are interested in), then "subscribe to" or "bookmark" those threads, and as noted in your notification options, you should begin to receive notifications for those threads, regardless of whether you are quoted or not.

To subscribe to, or bookmark a thread, look in the top-left corner of the page for the "Subscribe topic" button, or click the wrench icon, as shown in this image:

Yes, thanks. I think this was the issue in my case - getting notifications when someone quoted me or only replyed, without quoting me. So,...better to subscribe as it solves this "Quoting/not quoting me" notifications :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :text-goodpost:

Return to “Forum Issues”