About our donation bar

Jude

Re: About our donation bar

Unread postby Jude » 06 Oct 2017 03:29

Kira wrote:
Jude wrote:
Kira wrote::angry-screaming: I am soo tired of financial attacks..Just when i thought i can live with money circumstances they cut from every corner so not that i cant donate but i must survive with 25 euros two weeks from now.
Is there any way we can fight this shit without breaking the light rules? :angry-tappingfoot:

I ( my family) have considered moving into a RV or camper van or tiny house on wheels to avoid the massive rents we pay in my city.
Of course there are other problems that go along with doing this as well.

:greetings-waveyellow: i think here are some useful tips on that subject
https://elpocito.wordpress.com/living-i ... -nomadism/ https://elpocito.wordpress.com/living-on-less-money/

Thanks for the link Kira! :happy-sunshine:

I have been researching various options for living for quite some time now and I would absolutely love to get hold of an old school bus and convert it into a house on wheels.
The real challenge is finding a vehicle that doesn't cost an arm and a leg as well as finding a spot to park it while converting it into a home.
Grayfox

Unread postby Grayfox » 20 Oct 2017 19:14

Ribo wrote:
Grayfox wrote:
Ribo wrote:Yes. So what do i do now ? Adblock is deactivated for it...
Maybe you can add http://donation.presbeia-protoi.org/ to your Antivirus program's "whitelist" or "allowed list", for its 'web protection' module (or something similar).

Thanks for the tip. i put "coinhive.com" to exceptions, because thats the site that is shown on the virus notification as "dangerous", i checked that site out, it doesnt look harmful. I put the link you shared in the exceptions too but that didnt worked, now with "coinhive.com" in the exceptions, it works.

Nice one :handgestures-thumbup:
Effy

Unread postby Effy » 21 Oct 2017 04:35

Do you get most of your cash from donations directly or Monero cryptocurrency?Im just so impressed by the amount you guys receive like how many people donate,it always seems like there's only 6 of us or something :laughing-rolling:
Frank
Administrator
Signature: Infos about my nick:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4#p6

Unread postby Frank » 22 Oct 2017 13:45

Effy wrote:Do you get most of your cash from donations directly or Monero cryptocurrency?Im just so impressed by the amount you guys receive like how many people donate,it always seems like there's only 6 of us or something :laughing-rolling:

Monero mining made 2-3€ until now.
So this is not real working...
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 22 Oct 2017 18:57

Effy wrote:Im just so impressed by the amount you guys receive like how many people donate,it always seems like there's only 6 of us or something :laughing-rolling:

Well, there are about 9-10 that donate monthly. The rest of it is either some sales or some service fee.
The amount needed is the minimum to survive and not get into (more) debts. The rent alone is over 880 € right now. Electricity per month is around 140 € and it will go up next year. As I mentioned many times before our reserves are 0 and each time an unexpected bill comes up things get worse.

You shouldn't be impressed by the amount, but by the generosity and the stamina (!) of our supporters. Money does help a lot, people make the difference, not the money.
Effy

Unread postby Effy » 23 Oct 2017 06:56

Δύναμις wrote:
Effy wrote:Im just so impressed by the amount you guys receive like how many people donate,it always seems like there's only 6 of us or something :laughing-rolling:

Well, there are about 9-10 that donate monthly. The rest of it is either some sales or some service fee.
The amount needed is the minimum to survive and not get into (more) debts. The rent alone is over 880 € right now. Electricity per month is around 140 € and it will go up next year. As I mentioned many times before our reserves are 0 and each time an unexpected bill comes up things get worse.

You shouldn't be impressed by the amount, but by the generosity and the stamina (!) of our supporters. Money does help a lot, people make the difference, not the money.

:scared-eek: wow the dedication,its so hard just to obtain money,but to obtain money and then put some aside to donate it is a totally different thing.

I cant imagine how you guys must feel,money is a big anxiety of mine. I could have 600 in the bank and ill be like ''no i cant buy this chocolate bar,im broke!''
I worry about money when i have money! imagine not having money.I'll try my very best to support you guys in any way i can :romance-grouphug:
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 23 Oct 2017 11:50

Effy wrote:...money is a big anxiety of mine. I could have 600 in the bank and ill be like ''no i cant buy this chocolate bar,im broke!''
I worry about money when i have money! imagine not having money.

Anxiety = triggered by dark implants/AIs etc. Maybe you should work on that topic.
In one of out battle chats you could see how the money system works. It says clearly, no one owns money. Money is only a way to control people. And funnily enough even light people use money to control others (sometimes without realizing it). Rewarding someone with money for whatever reason is conditioning and controlling this person. Money or everything needed (and even wished, why not?) by a person should be free available. Money shouldn't be the sense of life as it is now. You can work on yourself and on your environment to improve things for everyone but you shouldn't have to work for money. This is the dark system and we are about to change it. Your help helps to change the world! Money will disappear because it will be no longer needed and all accumulated wealth and property will be zeroed out (=means your "property" is only yours as long as you use your human avatar. Once you leave this body, your property is free to be used by someone else, not necessarily your own family. It is common good and can be granted to anyone interested in it/applying for it).
Frank
Administrator
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4#p6

Unread postby Frank » 16 Jan 2018 00:14

I changed the donation mining to a new mining page.
On this page it is possible to adjust the details of the mining, and you can see how much hashes you mined.

Here are some infos about the miner from coinhive:

AuthedMine.com offers a Monero miner that can be embeded into other Websites. This miner will only ever run after an explicit opt-in from the user. The miner never starts without this opt-in.

We implemented a secure token to enforce this opt-in on our servers. It is not circumventable by any means and we pledge that it will stay this way. The opt-in token is only valid for the current browser session (at max 24 hours) and the current domain. The user will need to opt-in again in the next session or on a different domain.

The opt-in notice is hosted on our servers and can not be changed by website owners. There's no way a website owner can start mining without the user knowing.

And this is the link to it: Monero donation mining for Protoi.
Allison

Unread postby Allison » 16 Jan 2018 03:25

So we have to start it again whenever we go on a different website?

I'll start to leave this open all day when I'm not using my computer :text-lol:
Eirenaios

Unread postby Eirenaios » 16 Jan 2018 03:39

Allison wrote:So we have to start it again whenever we go on a different website?

Does it cost money to use it in any way shape or form?
Frank
Administrator
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4#p6

Unread postby Frank » 16 Jan 2018 05:13

aladdingoku123 wrote:
Allison wrote:So we have to start it again whenever we go on a different website?

Does it cost money to use it in any way shape or form?

You should not run it with full power.
This would increase the electric power use and costs.
Just with a few % in the background.

You can run it in a browser in a tab.
And do all other normal things in other tabs.
It just needs a restart each 24h in case your pc is running 24/7 anyway.
You should use this in background while you work on your computer.
Do not let your computer extra run for this.

Try to find out how much cores your computer has.
Take the half of it as number of threads.
Then try a bit with speed.
50% to 80% should not slow down your work with the computer, and also not use much extra electric.
This is not working in a kind that a few make huge hash rate,
it's meant to work that many create just a bit hash rate,
so that no one has effects on the pc from it. Or extra costs for electric.
Grayfox

Unread postby Grayfox » 16 Jan 2018 18:05

One note about the new mining page - from my testing, running 1 thread is the most efficient use of your CPU. If you have a quad-core with 1 thread each, and you run the mining with 1 thread at 100% speed, this will use overall about 25% of your CPU and give you the most hashrate per % of CPU use.

With 2 threads, you will be using about 50% of overall CPU, but you will probably not get double the hashrate of using 1 thread. In other words, you lose efficiency with each added thread.
Lau

Unread postby Lau » 16 Jan 2018 23:23

:greetings-waveyellow: Can i mine/donate it on cellphone or it only works in pc?
Frank
Administrator
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4#p6

Unread postby Frank » 17 Jan 2018 00:25

Lau wrote::greetings-waveyellow: Can i mine/donate it on cellphone or it only works in pc?

In theory you can... In practice mine had 0.5 hash/s, which is of no value...
Lau

Unread postby Lau » 19 Jan 2018 23:09

Ok, thanks for loking into it
Δύναμις

Re: About the updated donation bar

Unread postby Δύναμις » 01 Oct 2020 15:51

:greetings-wavingyellow: friend and family

first of all a HUGE :text-thankyoublue: to everyone for your support in the last years! Without your support we wouldn't have come so far. I know how hard life is on most of you but you still contribute the most you can, to help us end the war. Our victory is YOUR victory! Also thank you very much for your feedback regarding changes of any kind and also improvements around you. This shows that we are clearly on the right path!

The end is getting closer every day but we still need to survive till that day, so unfortunately, I had to increase the monthly needed amount. To be honest, there were quite a few months that we received more than the needed amount, so I decided not to say anything unless it is really necessary. The medical insurance, we are forced to have, increases the premium 9-10% per year and once you get to another age-category you have to pay much more than before. Since June this year, we pay about 200 € more for medical insurance in total than we did three years ago.

At the end, maybe you don't really care what the money you donate has been used for as long as it secures our surviving, but I felt the need to explain why I updated the bar.

Thanks once more for everything you do for us! Also for messages and presents like these:

:romance-heartsthree: :romance-grouphug:
Attachments
IMG_20200910_210752.jpg
(997.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Herz.PNG
(18.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 05 Sep 2021 10:41

:greetings-wavingyellow: friends and family

on the 3rd of this month we got a huge donation that almost covered the full month (we were charged about 6% = 180 € fees, which reduced the amount quite a lot). It didn't come from a member. The person who donated is unknown to us. It was not their first donation, but the previous ones were smaller compared to this last one and they didn't cause such a jump in our donation bar.

In fact I am speechless... All I can say to our unknown sponsor is: THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

:romance-heartsthree: :romance-grouphug:
Flow

Unread postby Flow » 05 Sep 2021 11:39

I first thought about a bug at the donation bar. This is wonderful! Thank you unknown! :text-thankyoublue:
Anton
Signature: A̛͂͐̾̈̊͐̓͑̎̚͏̶̢̞̟͉̻̲y̱̫͔̮͓͑̾̇̑̎ͨ̌̎ͫ̎̽̔̑͌̆̿͒̉͜͟y̭̯͖̱̳͔̞̞̤̲̰͔̣̱̘̿̓̿͌̍̽̐͗͋̅̅ͭ̋ͩͮ̑̋͐̕͝ͅ

Unread postby Anton » 05 Sep 2021 11:53

Flow wrote:I first thought about a bug at the donation bar.

So did I :text-lol: Thx to the mysterious stranger.
Azra

Unread postby Azra » 05 Sep 2021 18:30

What a great gift & money well spent :angelic-cyan:

Return to “YOUR support matters!”