Astrochimp's perspective on emotions

You'll find here older, partially or totally outdated posts from active or inactive members.
astrochimp

Re: PROTOI PERCEPTIONS AND VALUES

Unread postby astrochimp » 08 Mar 2016 21:30

Pegazus wrote:
Grayfox wrote:This post, in perspective, is short for the very very wide amount of topics and emotions it covers. There are so many emotions.. it is such a deep post. and this is the third time or so I am reading it, and I still don't understand it in detail. I have so many questions, but before those questions I have so many emotions. I just wanted to comment on how much this post moved me, it is so powerful. I will need lots of time to process these emotions, and slowly work through each point to see it in some kind of detail..

:angelic-green: :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :crying-yellow: :happy-jumpyellow: :romance-smileyheart: :happy-smileyflower:
:romance-grouphug: big hugs to everyone :romance-heartsthree: :romance-heartsthree: :romance-heartsthree:

Emotions are really hard to manage,thats why i try to supress them.They can come like bombs.I try to filter them and slow their effects but i already have scars and a lot of things to unscramble.I guess its just the usual shit that everyone has.
I hope you can keep up with your emotions.

Suppression is not a viable long term strategy. It inevitably leads to outbursts of stored up emotions. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about... it's a struggle to untangle all those suppressed emotions. Then on top of it, we have been bombarded our whole lives with stuff that makes our emotions go haywire. Certain people have also attacked our emotions, knowing that's where we're vulnerable.

Do you know why they've been attacking our emotions to harshly? It's because they couldn't allow them to develop fully. Once developed, our emotions and interactions with other people will be the undoing of all their crap. When we use our emotions properly for sensing and communication, it really helps, not only us but also the ones we're communicating with. Emotional intelligence (enteric nervous system) has a much higher "bandwidth" than our conscious, intelligent mind by itself. When the two are working together in tandem, it feels like a shield is created, similar to how the immune system works. During times like this, talking to people is truly a pleasure due to the much higher bandwidth of the communication. Also, attacks are seen much more easily and mitigated automatically.

Emotions, I believe, are fractal in nature. This assertion is confirmed by the complete lack of emotional intelligence in D's. They manipulate from a purely intelligence point of view, which is also one of their weaknesses. Expression of emotions (even the "bad" ones; I'm talking for us only, not for D's) leads to short term catharsis and long term healing. We must learn to express our emotions in order to develop our emotional intelligence/sensing. Expressing your emotions won't be pretty at first because there's quite a back log of emotions you need to go through. It will look like you're overreacting to pretty much everything and that's alright. If this happens, apologize in earnest and move on! It will happen and it's OK.

Believe it or not, you're highly gifted in the area of emotional intelligence. Don't let yourself or anyone else tell you otherwise, that's just your past conditioning talking. If you feel like crying, cry it out! If you feel fierce anger inside, hit a punching bag and get the anger out! Make sure you're exercising your body regularly. Start using your emotions and listening to what they're hinting at.

Just because they once tried to turn you into a robot like themselves doesn't mean that you're actually a robot, only capable of intelligent calculation. :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

:happy-wavemulticolor:
the hague

Unread postby the hague » 08 Mar 2016 23:28

Simply clear and wise insight for emotions management, you did Astro, good reading to go to bed in a full moon emotional night.

Danke sehr.

:handgestures-thumbup:
astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 09 Mar 2016 05:38

the hague wrote:Simply clear and wise insight for emotions management, you did Astro, good reading to go to bed in a full moon emotional night.

Danke sehr.

:handgestures-thumbup:

:romance-grouphug: :chores-laundry:
jonas

Unread postby jonas » 09 Mar 2016 07:01

I thought our emotional parts were more analogue - maybe I forgot. I also like to try to ignore certain emotions because I feel that it would be better that way to not let others be affected by temporary frustrations, anger etc.

I also don't really feel like they accumulate but rather the other way around - if I let negative emotions out it feels becomes almost like a habit to complain etc. Maybe I am wrong in this as well. :happy-sunshine:
LeeDee

Unread postby LeeDee » 09 Mar 2016 11:12

jonas wrote:I thought our emotional parts were more analogue - maybe I forgot. I also like to try to ignore certain emotions because I feel that it would be better that way to not let others be affected by temporary frustrations, anger etc.

I also don't really feel like they accumulate but rather the other way around - if I let negative emotions out it feels becomes almost like a habit to complain etc. Maybe I am wrong in this as well. :happy-sunshine:

I don't think you/we should talk about "being wrong" as especially when talking about emotions from purely one person's perspective (and each person is such enourmous mixture of so many things, wanted, unwanted, imposed, programmed etc.), we can very soon hit at his/hers or own emotional "status" :lol: . We've been programmed, influenced by D ever since. Mind influence can be extremelly powerful, yet a bit more direct and therefore easier identified, detected. On the other hand, emotions are somehow more intimate, one's own and when influenced the damage is not necessary perceived as D influence straight away, aslo the tactics they use/used had to be of more subtle nature. Add that or combine that with traumatic experinces we've all gone through many times in this and past lives ... what we get? In one word ... total mess :confusion-seeingstars: .

And you can try and be "ok" with yourself and your emotional body in this incarnation (ok, in this avatar body), know all "theory" there is (many are false anyway) ... you are still being "haunted" by numerous unconsious emotional blockages (as a result of past traumas) and no way you can reach them and deal with them by yourself. You see/feel only their impact on your behaviour (also emotional reactions as such - in some cases the attempt to hide, not to burden, to surpress etc.) or on a concrete physical body in the form of ilnesses that has no legitimate source or pain that also seems to be there for no reason at all. Yet there is always a reason, always some source ...
The ones that impact physical body is of no use to dig in as you'll never find it or solve it by yourself (that are as more or less huge energetic ballons that are stuck somewhere in the body and cause problems, blockages etc.) - even though I've heard of some tactics, methods that can help, but I doubt that they "cure" or remove it for good ... you/we'll have to wait to cleanings (and listening to Christian's music) do the job.
Regarding the behaviour ... I personally believe that once the cleaning is done, many behaviour will unfortunatelly not change at all :( . As the reactions, even though triggered/influenced by D became some sort of secondary programmes, as habits and we alone in that second stage programmed ourselves. And only we ourselves will/can be able to change/reprogramme that. Sure, cleaning will create normal preconditions, so we will not do/try in vain (as many times before), but the rest will be on us. Starting with awareness and effort to make a change. And then starting to change ... in terms of process (not one time event) ...

Ok, I' back ... ignoring emotions can be understand in many ways. If there is meant a surpression, for sure this sort of reactional behaviour will sooner or later cause you a lot of problems ... as surpression doesn't eliminate emotions, it just pushes them whether in some brain centres (those are easily to deal with later) or down, like swallowng in some body parts (look what I wrote above) ... not really wanted result, is it? :lol: . But if you talk about some emotions/emotional states that arise as a result of some direct D influence and you perceive them as "not yours" and for that push them away ... that I guess is ok ... tehy are not yours' anyway ... but do it with awareness and mental activity.

Regarding you not wanting burdening others with your emotions etc. ... I give you :handgestures-thumbup: for that ... yet ... do it, just not all over to everybody and in a manner of throwing them to others (you know, like transferring the burden to another person) ... it helps ... the energy disperses, loses it's subjective charge and weight ... otherwise it may get stuck ... Of course, you do it once and with a person who will listen (activelly), be emphatic ... but definetelly not with the one that will moan and "cry" with you :naughty: ... avoid the ones that do that.
But ... if you are really able to let the negative emotions to "vanish" without expressing them ... than I give all the credit I can give you ... and forget all I wrote above :lol: ...

That came out from a person that in one moment of her life (some 20 years ago), and who was until then operating and living life totally under mind/ratio body, decided that "mind" is doing her too much harm (not knowing that were just D influences) ... so she switched it off, started to ignore it, not giving it a credit it deserves as a legitimate part od all her "bodies" ... and ... gave all the power to her emotional body and her emotions :doh: ... yeah ... they found the way to influence it, pretty hard, even more than mind ... so ... yes ... I've made a mistake ... I'm aware of it ... so now ... I try and will try to find some sort of balance between those two ... as no extreme is good ... balance ... so I'll be able to fully live and express life through emotions and ration so I won't be carried away somewhere I don't really wanna be or be of no use of me :happy-sunshine:

Be well :angelic-little:
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 09 Mar 2016 12:25

astrochimp wrote:It inevitably leads to outbursts of stored up emotions.

No, it doesn't!
The point is how you handle emotions in general and not if you suppress them for a few days or even weeks. It is not the suppressed emotion that causes the outburst but all the AIs, implants and imprints that have programmed you to concentrate on emotions and find a way to make you let them out either you (logical thinking being) consider it as necessary or not.
Every emotion is a "wrapping"/"packaging" of something. That something is the real problem (if so), not the emotion during the "unpacking" of that something. You decide to keep or reject the packaging and continue to the actual something/problem or whatever it is delivered in that packaging. If you only have a little back where you keep collecting the "packaging" every time you get something, then oneday that little bag will definitely burst, because it can't take any more than it's own capacity. It is up to you to throw away each unnecessary piece and avoid the bursting.
You don't become a robot without emotions by sorting out things/emotions, which you don't need.

Trying to cure the symptom doesn't mean you found the root of the evil. Your perspective cures only the symptoms.
Frank
Administrator
Signature: Infos about my nick:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4#p6

Re: Astrochimp's perspective on emotions

Unread postby Frank » 09 Mar 2016 12:27

astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 09 Mar 2016 16:51

Δύναμις wrote:
astrochimp wrote:It inevitably leads to outbursts of stored up emotions.

No, it doesn't!
The point is how you handle emotions in general and not if you suppress them for a few days or even weeks. It is not the suppressed emotion that causes the outburst but all the AIs, implants and imprints that have programmed you to concentrate on emotions and find a way to make you let them out either you (logical thinking being) consider it as necessary or not.
Every emotion is a "wrapping"/"packaging" of something. That something is the real problem (if so), not the emotion during the "unpacking" of that something. You decide to keep or reject the packaging and continue to the actual something/problem or whatever it is delivered in that packaging. If you only have a little back where you keep collecting the "packaging" every time you get something, then oneday that little bag will definitely burst, because it can't take any more than it's own capacity. It is up to you to throw away each unnecessary piece and avoid the bursting.
You don't become a robot without emotions by sorting out things/emotions, which you don't need.

Trying to cure the symptom doesn't mean you found the root of the evil. Your perspective cures only the symptoms.

No it doesn't but, yes it does, as you explained at the end of your own reply. Of course it won't lead to outbursts in people who practice adroit emotion management! They're not suppressing emotions but managing them. There's nothing to burst.

When I wrote that one should listen to one's emotions, I meant the emotion itself often contains enough information to see what's causing it (i.e., what's inside the "wrapping"), if one just listens and analyzes it without getting lost in acting it out. Also, I never said emotions were the problem, emotions are amazing detection devices and also a huge part of what makes us us. The emotion you have can for sure tell you (i.e. imply by its nature of expression) that you're being triggered by something external.

You only become a robot if you completely discard emotions as part of your "human" ecosystem. Emotion management, on the other hand, is totally necessary; that's how the "mind" cooperates with the "gut". Both parts are necessary as one fills in what the other doesn't even comprehend is necessary. Emotions without intellect is annoying and self-gratifying. Intellect without emotions is dangerously linear in its logic.

Once empathy is killed, your results may vary...

[EDIT]
Also, I want to mention that the insight you've added with your explanation is appreciated. You disagree with this one thing but there's a lot of other context in there. For example, the absolute need for physical exercise is never focused on. And this really helps emotion management. It won't make you good at it or heal those who are really damaged but it will give you an "extra set of legs" to stand on when you need them.
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 09 Mar 2016 17:46

astrochimp wrote:You disagree with this one thing but there's a lot of other context in there.

The other context is also an instruction on how to cure symptoms, but it doesn't help to remove the problem, because you just don't see the problem.
The topic "emotions" is a very wide one. There many different levels, some of useful, others less useful and some absolutely useless ones. By considering all emotions as something that needs to be accepted as it is, you allow manipulations to get to you.
Darks have emotions and show them as well. They can be extremely touching and this is what opens them doors to manipulate (especially empathic) people.
astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 09 Mar 2016 17:49

Δύναμις wrote:
astrochimp wrote:You disagree with this one thing but there's a lot of other context in there.

The other context is also an instruction on how to cure symptoms, but it doesn't help to remove the problem, because you just don't see the problem.
The topic "emotions" is a very wide one. There many different levels, some of useful, others less useful and some absolutely useless ones. By considering all emotions as something that needs to be accepted as it is, you allow manipulations to get to you.
Darks have emotions and show them as well. They can be extremely touching and this is what opens them doors to manipulate (especially empathic) people.

Now we're no longer talking about astrochimp's perspective on anything. You're answering someone else's post and thoughts. :confusion-shrug:

[EDIT]
For you saying my "curing the symptoms" is an indictment of my method. For me curing the symptoms gives enough perspective and breathing room to be able to work on the main problem. Exercise, sunlight, breathing and vitamins will not solve all your problems but it sure makes it easier to work on them. Have you ever taken a pill to relieve a headache or a gel to soothe an aching tooth?
Grayfox

Unread postby Grayfox » 13 Mar 2016 15:13

:greetings-waveyellow: astrochimp, I originally thought that your first post in this thread was directed at me, and meant to reply to you for a long time. But I wasn't feeling up to it, I thought it would need lots of time and energy thinking about feelings and trying to break down your points into something I could easily understand, and then also reply to.

Now I think you were actually replying to Pegazus, but I will give you a reply anyway :lol:

astrochimp wrote:Suppression is not a viable long term strategy.

This response is also in the context of the further discussion about 'Emotional Suppression' in this thread. Firstly we have to define what we mean by "Suppression". I am no expert on emotions, in fact the reason I didn't reply for so long is I am still in the process of finding and testing ways to consistenly deal with my emotions. Like LeeDee, I have attempted to "shut off the mind" before. I'm still a bit confused as to what I have already done, and it is frustrating. But it doesn't really matter. I found a way that is working reasonably well at the moment, and I'll take it one step at a time with myself.

Aside: It is clear to me that the topic of emotions is very wide and of great interest to many people, so I'm glad you wrote such a big post on it that encouraged further discussion. I hope it will encourage and speed up the process of "Emotional Clarity" or "Emotional Healing" in many people. :romance-smileyheart:

Oops, bit sidetracked. On suppression. Like LeeDee said, if something is "not yours", then is pushing it away really suppression?

In my own experience, I have experienced suppression as denying something which "was mine". Not just denying, but beating myself up about it whenever I would let it out. So not only the suppression was damaging, as it is something that I wanted to let out (and hurt no-one), but then I would attack myself afterwards. So the bullshit had a bullshit defense mechanism too. That is what I call suppression. But my definition could change over time as I get more experiences. But in that context, then NO, suppression is not a "viable long-term strategy", in fact it is not a strategy for emotional healing/healthy expression whatsoever, it is the very opposite (within this context of expressing what is "Yours" and does not hurt anyone else).

astrochimp wrote:Once developed, our emotions and interactions with other people will be the undoing of all their crap. When we use our emotions properly for sensing and communication, it really helps, not only us but also the ones we're communicating with.

Interesting comment here, in my recent experience when I felt stable emotionally (to be willing to open the "packages", within the context of this thread), I became a more effective communicator. I could easily tell someone that they were making me uncomfortable (which they were doing). Which is in effect saying, stop what you are doing. If I said anything else out of "politeness" or "man-ness", whilst still being uncomfortable, it would be a lie, and invite further uncomfortableness..

Now, you say this ..

astrochimp wrote:This assertion is confirmed by the complete lack of emotional intelligence in D's. They manipulate from a purely intelligence point of view, which is also one of their weaknesses.

However, in my experience people that have made me feel uncomfortable have often been very "emotionally intelligent". As you said, emotions can often be a target of attack. By the strict definition of "emotional intelligence", don't you have to have some intelligence about something to attack it? Maybe not. But the more intelligent you are about it, the more effective your attack might be. Like I said, it seems that my biggest sources of uncomfortableness have come from people who appear to be very savvy emotionally. So I would not agree with your statement here.

In fact, I cannot recall at this moment an experience of a "purely intelligence based" attack or manipulation, so I am not really sure what that would look like.

astrochimp wrote:Expression of emotions (even the "bad" ones; I'm talking for us only, not for D's) leads to short term catharsis and long term healing.

Like jonas says, sometimes I feel that expression is not the wisest course of action. I think some balance is needed here. Express when it is appropriate (for you) to do so, but unfortunately astrochimp, I have tried that and felt so bad about expressing that it made me think twice before doing it again.

Like I said, I'm no expert on emotions, but I would like to be. At least have a good clarity of myself and my own emotions. I really badly want to understand this, and probably it is not necessary to understand it. What's more important is a workable, consistent solution :romance-heartsthree: . I have been listening to Christian Pommnitz's music every day (from Soundcloud, you can also save the tracks from soundcloud to your computer), and it is really beautiful. I think it has a positive effect of bringing my emotions up gently, but I do so many things I am not really sure about the specific effect of one of them :laughing-rolling: . But I feel it has some positive effect, so I keep doing it.

All that said, if expression of emotions works for you, and leads to you feeling better in the long run, and I mean the consistent expression of emotions, even " :scared-shocked: " ones, then I am glad that it works for you. It might not work for me though.

astrochimp wrote:Believe it or not, you're highly gifted in the area of emotional intelligence. Don't let yourself or anyone else tell you otherwise, that's just your past conditioning talking.
If this is directed at me, then thank you. :happy-jumpyellow: I would like for it to be true.

astrochimp wrote:Start using your emotions and listening to what they're hinting at.
I think a great deal of them are just bullshit :mrgreen: :happy-smileyflower:

astrochimp wrote:Just because they once tried to turn you into a robot like themselves doesn't mean that you're actually a robot, only capable of intelligent calculation. :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

:mrgreen:

Thank you for a deep post on emotions. I hope the topic of emotions being discussed continues in some way and further clarity is reached. It is one of my favourite (and difficult!) subjects.

:happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-jumpeveryone:
astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 14 Mar 2016 18:10

​​
​​
​​
Grayfox wrote::greetings-waveyellow: astrochimp, I originally thought that your first post in this thread was directed at me, and meant to reply to you for a long time. But I wasn't feeling up to it, I thought it would need lots of time and energy thinking about feelings and trying to break down your points into something I could easily understand, and then also reply to.

Now I think you were actually replying to Pegazus, but I will give you a reply anyway :lol:

Hi Fox! :greetings-waveyellow: :happy-sunshine:

Thank you for your response! I realize how difficult it is to write about emotions, especially here with all of us together. Some of us are still triggering each other like aching teeth bumping in the night :scared-shocked: :-D (psst! hi LeeDee! :romance-smileyheart: )

I truly appreciate your effort to respond to my (half baked) attempt to convey my understanding of the emotional PL. After reading it over again a few times, I can see exactly why many people are responding and filling in the gaps for me where necessary. To be fair, it would take several thousand words to really convey what I'm trying to say and I'm definitely not at a level (yet!) where I can sit down for a few hours and express it all without being constantly bombarded by all kinds of stuff. Even now, I feel my attention being pulled away to anything else other than analyzing this stuff!

Any way you look at it, I could have done a much better job expressing myself in my initial post.

---

Grayfox wrote:
astrochimp wrote:Suppression is not a viable long term strategy.

This response is also in the context of the further discussion about 'Emotional Suppression' in this thread. Firstly we have to define what we mean by "Suppression". I am no expert on emotions, in fact the reason I didn't reply for so long is I am still in the process of finding and testing ways to consistenly deal with my emotions. Like LeeDee, I have attempted to "shut off the mind" before. I'm still a bit confused as to what I have already done, and it is frustrating. But it doesn't really matter. I found a way that is working reasonably well at the moment, and I'll take it one step at a time with myself.

Aside: It is clear to me that the topic of emotions is very wide and of great interest to many people, so I'm glad you wrote such a big post on it that encouraged further discussion. I hope it will encourage and speed up the process of "Emotional Clarity" or "Emotional Healing" in many people. :romance-smileyheart:

Oops, bit sidetracked. On suppression. Like LeeDee said, if something is "not yours", then is pushing it away really suppression?

In my own experience, I have experienced suppression as denying something which "was mine". Not just denying, but beating myself up about it whenever I would let it out. So not only the suppression was damaging, as it is something that I wanted to let out (and hurt no-one), but then I would attack myself afterwards. So the bullshit had a bullshit defense mechanism too. That is what I call suppression. But my definition could change over time as I get more experiences. But in that context, then NO, suppression is not a "viable long-term strategy", in fact it is not a strategy for emotional healing/healthy expression whatsoever, it is the very opposite (within this context of expressing what is "Yours" and does not hurt anyone else).

When I wrote suppression is not a good strategy, I was trying to convey that emotion PL needs to be dealt with in one way or another because it exists and it interacts with us here, whether we like it or not. There are many ways to address this, probably as many ways as there are people. We've all been put into different situations by the paths we've taken (or been made to take) in life, so we'll all be looking at this with our own set of understanding.

So I guess suppression is a viable strategy if by suppression we mean not being influenced by emotional energies/manipulations. But shutting off the entire range of PL6 energies is for sure not a good thing. That's akin to cutting off your own arms because you keep getting rashes on them.

---

Grayfox wrote:
astrochimp wrote:Once developed, our emotions and interactions with other people will be the undoing of all their crap. When we use our emotions properly for sensing and communication, it really helps, not only us but also the ones we're communicating with.

Interesting comment here, in my recent experience when I felt stable emotionally (to be willing to open the "packages", within the context of this thread), I became a more effective communicator. I could easily tell someone that they were making me uncomfortable (which they were doing). Which is in effect saying, stop what you are doing. If I said anything else out of "politeness" or "man-ness", whilst still being uncomfortable, it would be a lie, and invite further uncomfortableness..

Yep! Stable and well trained emotional hygiene leads to a general sense of ease and gravitas in communication. During times when my PL6 energies are not being manipulated directly, I can easily help other people heal their own emotions by targeting the right things with my words and mannerisms. It can be very subtle or very in someone's face, depending on what's necessary. I don't know if this is only true for me or in general but I've had good success with this approach. The trouble comes when I'm not in good control of my PL6 aspect or when it's being flooded by too much crap. In such occurrences, it's best not to try to heal anyone else but focus on getting control of the situation (i.e. open package or discard package if I know the contents are not welcome).

---

Grayfox wrote:Now, you say this ..

astrochimp wrote:This assertion is confirmed by the complete lack of emotional intelligence in D's. They manipulate from a purely intelligence point of view, which is also one of their weaknesses.

However, in my experience people that have made me feel uncomfortable have often been very "emotionally intelligent". As you said, emotions can often be a target of attack. By the strict definition of "emotional intelligence", don't you have to have some intelligence about something to attack it? Maybe not. But the more intelligent you are about it, the more effective your attack might be. Like I said, it seems that my biggest sources of uncomfortableness have come from people who appear to be very savvy emotionally. So I would not agree with your statement here.

In fact, I cannot recall at this moment an experience of a "purely intelligence based" attack or manipulation, so I am not really sure what that would look like.

I totally missed the mark on this one by using a single example to make a rule. You're right, there are many D's who are masters of emotional manipulation. I was thinking of D's similar to Dick Cheney or "Scrooge" (from the animated films). This is obviously not a complete set as there are also D's like religious or spiritual leaders whose bread and butter is emotional manipulation.

But even here, an adept and non-influenced PL6 aspect can detect the most sly of manipulations from external sources. That's again similar to a healthy auto immune system--it protects us by itself when allowed to do so.

---

Grayfox wrote:
astrochimp wrote:Expression of emotions (even the "bad" ones; I'm talking for us only, not for D's) leads to short term catharsis and long term healing.

Like jonas says, sometimes I feel that expression is not the wisest course of action. I think some balance is needed here. Express when it is appropriate (for you) to do so, but unfortunately astrochimp, I have tried that and felt so bad about expressing that it made me think twice before doing it again.

Like I said, I'm no expert on emotions, but I would like to be. At least have a good clarity of myself and my own emotions. I really badly want to understand this, and probably it is not necessary to understand it. What's more important is a workable, consistent solution :romance-heartsthree: . I have been listening to Christian Pommnitz's music every day (from Soundcloud, you can also save the tracks from soundcloud to your computer), and it is really beautiful. I think it has a positive effect of bringing my emotions up gently, but I do so many things I am not really sure about the specific effect of one of them :laughing-rolling: . But I feel it has some positive effect, so I keep doing it.

All that said, if expression of emotions works for you, and leads to you feeling better in the long run, and I mean the consistent expression of emotions, even " :scared-shocked: " ones, then I am glad that it works for you. It might not work for me though.

Right again you are. I was using myself as the basis of a rule once again. In my case, work has been put in by D's to not allow emotions to be expressed at all. My emotions didn't activate at all between the ages of 12-13 and my mid-20's. When I first got the activation going, I expressed some pretty ugly emotions (like you mentioned above) which I shouldn't have. But even this led of learning on some level. I was finally able to use my "emotional instrument" to tune itself. I realized that it wasn't good what I was doing and apologized. Then the D influence wanted me to beat myself up for it, to replay it over and over. I didn't listen. I simply learned from it and dropped it.

---

Grayfox wrote:
astrochimp wrote:Believe it or not, you're highly gifted in the area of emotional intelligence. Don't let yourself or anyone else tell you otherwise, that's just your past conditioning talking.
If this is directed at me, then thank you. :happy-jumpyellow: I would like for it to be true.

Both your and Pegazus are adepts at it. Your scars tell the whole story.

---

Grayfox wrote:
astrochimp wrote:Start using your emotions and listening to what they're hinting at.
I think a great deal of them are just bullshit :mrgreen: :happy-smileyflower:

Agreed. The question is: how do you know they're bullshit? Is it just your mind coming to this conclusion or do you somehow feel that many of your emotions are intended to trick you? If it's the latter or if it's a combination of the two, then the feedback is indeed invaluable. For me, the problem of only using my mind to fight the PL6 onslaught is that my mind itself seems to be the most heavily polluted thing. The feeling of "this isn't right" is generally a good starting point for me. When I rely only on my mind to do the work, I frequently realize that I've been heavily influenced for days or even weeks/months (in the past) before I can finally snap out of it.

---

Grayfox wrote:
astrochimp wrote:Just because they once tried to turn you into a robot like themselves doesn't mean that you're actually a robot, only capable of intelligent calculation. :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

:mrgreen:

Thank you for a deep post on emotions. I hope the topic of emotions being discussed continues in some way and further clarity is reached. It is one of my favourite (and difficult!) subjects.

:happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-jumpeveryone:

Thank you for elaborating on and improving this thread! And also thank you for being gentle with my emotions! :romance-heartsthree:
Grayfox

Unread postby Grayfox » 16 Mar 2016 17:12

astrochimp wrote:​To be fair, it would take several thousand words to really convey what I'm trying to say and I'm definitely not at a level (yet!) where I can sit down for a few hours and express it all without being constantly bombarded by all kinds of stuff. Even now, I feel my attention being pulled away to anything else other than analyzing this stuff!

No problems man, take your time and few words at a time, no need to go for the thousand just yet :happy-smileyflower:

Yeah it definetely is hard to tackle when you're not feeling really good.

astrochimp wrote:Any way you look at it, I could have done a much better job expressing myself in my initial post.

No problem, I don't see a problem with how you expressed yourself. Expressing myself is one of the hardest things sometimes; I never want to give another a hard time with that. :greetings-wavingyellow:

astrochimp wrote:emotion PL needs to be dealt with in one way or another because it exists and it interacts with us here, whether we like it or not.

I do agree with you there, emotions are not something to be ignored and pretended they don't exist. I was thinking about this the other day, why does the whole "goal setting" or simply "decision making" modality not work for me? As in .. set a goal, decide to achieve it, or make a decision, decide to achieve it.. maybe for some people that works, but when I thought about it, I realised that FEELINGS (or emotions, is there a difference?) get in the way. And they can stop you like a truck.

astrochimp wrote:shutting off the entire range of PL6 energies is for sure not a good thing. That's akin to cutting off your own arms because you keep getting rashes on them.

I agree with you there. Thanks for clarifying that, the words we use is not important, the meaning behind is important. Maybe that's not correct. But the meaning is very clear now. :romance-adore:

astrochimp wrote:Stable and well trained emotional hygiene

Emotional hygiene :romance-smileyheart: I like that one.

I like your approach! If you feel good enough to help others, help them in the way that is appropriate.. based on your intuition, if you need help yourself, help yourself! I like it :-D :happy-smileyflower: :angelic-green:

astrochimp wrote:there are many D's who are masters of emotional manipulation. I was thinking of D's similar to Dick Cheney or "Scrooge" (from the animated films).

You actually intrigued me on this one, I would like to watch some animations of Scrooge to see how this character does purely intelligence manipulation, because again I'm not really sure what it looks like. Dick Cheney.. no idea on that one either.

astrochimp wrote:But even here, an adept and non-influenced PL6 aspect can detect the most sly of manipulations from external sources. That's again similar to a healthy auto immune system--it protects us by itself when allowed to do so.

I hope you are correct on this. I just trust in cleaning, the more the better :D :angelic-green: :romance-heartsthree: :romance-grouphug: :happy-jumpeveryone:

astrochimp wrote:I was using myself as the basis of a rule once again.

You are mature to realise what you did. I used to do that all the time, still catch myself :techie-idea: :angelic-blueglow: :confusion-scratchheadblue: :laughing-lettersrofl:

astrochimp wrote:My emotions didn't activate at all between the ages of 12-13 and my mid-20's.

Oh boy......... my friend, for a while I was searching on google "how to feel". I had no idea, these books all talked about emotions, I was like, what is that? How do I feel? I had no idea. I had a massive emotional block, just like you. It took years of trying to just begin .. and I'm still learning every single day..

Actually I wasn't even expressing very ugly emotions, it was a mild frustration or a mild anger or something like that, and the reaction from those around me was either so strong or it triggered such a strong reaction in me, that I was beating myself up for it, and decided to "only express myself when I was feeling really good" which lead to another block, that I shouldn't ever express myself unless I feel really, really good... what if it's necessary at other times? That was an insight I had recently.. you can decide to express at any level, the consequences/benefits of which is another question, but you don't have to wait until you're floating on air :text-lol:

That constant replaying thing, that has plagued me for too long. Thankfully it is much less now :)

astrochimp wrote:Both your and Pegazus are adepts at it. Your scars tell the whole story.

I am well-trained/experienced in being stuck :lol:

astrochimp wrote:The question is: how do you know they're bullshit?

For me, the problem of only using my mind to fight the PL6 onslaught is that my mind itself seems to be the most heavily polluted thing.

Many of my emotions are pointless (in my eyes) fears that I do not wish to have. That do not serve me and inhibit me from being who I wish to be, every day. When I feel like I do now, I can easily see this and diminish their effects on me, and over time their effects lesson (I'll take all the cleaning I can get! :angelic-little: )

YES -- using the mind only never works for me. It is like a truck with only a "wheel base" or whatever the metal part on the inside of the wheel is called; for a couple of the wheels. It'll get moving for a bit, but eventually come to a screeching halt (quite rudely), and you'll say, what the heck is going on? And you have to move back into the feelings -- PL6 for any further forward progress (getting stuck between those two is another story! temporarily..)

astrochimp wrote:Thank you for elaborating on and improving this thread! And also thank you for being gentle with my emotions! :romance-heartsthree:

I have learned to be very gentle with my own emotions. How could I be different with you? :angelic-cyan:

This is a beautiful thread and I love talking about emotions. If necessary, we can continue this discussion as required.
astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 16 Mar 2016 18:57

:-D :romance-heartsthree: :text-+1: :text-goodpost: :techie-idea:

I'll keep this going by elaborating on a few things in the near future.

Until then... :handgestures-thumbup:

Return to “Archive”