Alc's Diet?

You'll find here older, partially or totally outdated posts from active or inactive members.
marie

Re: Alc's Diet?

Unread postby marie » 28 Feb 2016 16:38

:greetings-waveyellow: Anna, I don't have diabetes, but I used to have low blood sugar attacks, so I started eating a low glycemic diet and it helped a lot. There are lots of easy little tricks like eating basmati rice instead of jasmine rice and cooking pasta al dente. I had a friend with Type 2 diabetes who didn't want to bother changing his diet and one day I watched him inject himself with insulin so that he could eat a box of donuts. And that pretty much sums up the way Americans live! :lol:
Anna
Signature: Really?! Hmm...Let me think about that...

Unread postby Anna » 28 Feb 2016 18:06

marie wrote::greetings-waveyellow: Anna, I don't have diabetes, but I used to have low blood sugar attacks, so I started eating a low glycemic diet and it helped a lot. There are lots of easy little tricks like eating basmati rice instead of jasmine rice and cooking pasta al dente. I had a friend with Type 2 diabetes who didn't want to bother changing his diet and one day I watched him inject himself with insulin so that he could eat a box of donuts. And that pretty much sums up the way Americans live! :lol:

I know, how crazy is that?! :shock:
I understand that though & know what works for me...but ultimately it means deprivation in food terms :crying-yellow:
& given I love cake, biscuits & chocolate... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
So do I give in to insulin & eat what I like or continue to strive for good blood sugar levels?
Seems like "Hobson's Choice" (no choice at all) to me :confusion-shrug: :lol: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
marie

Unread postby marie » 28 Feb 2016 21:08

Anna wrote: ultimately it means deprivation in food terms :crying-yellow:
& given I love cake, biscuits & chocolate... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
So do I give in to insulin & eat what I like or continue to strive for good blood sugar levels?
Seems like "Hobson's Choice" (no choice at all) to me :confusion-shrug: :lol: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I love, love, love dessert, too! I couldn't live without it either. Could you load up on a high protein low carb meal first, then have a modest treat right after? There must be a way to still indulge a little. I feel blood sugar changes really easily, so I completely avoid things like lollipops cause they make me feel awful. Even bananas or juice on an empty stomach are torture. But if you have a belly full of protein, you should be able to have some cake...the higher in fat the better! I'm a nerd and I have a blood sugar monitor, so I used to test myself after eating a ridiculous meal or drinking alcohol just to see what my levels were. So you could always try things and test your blood sugar until you can find something your body can handle.
LeeDee

Unread postby LeeDee » 28 Feb 2016 21:36

Anna wrote:
So do I give in to insulin & eat what I like

No, Anna, taking insulin doesn't mean you can retain your old eating habits. It's not that simple, unfortunatelly. Either way, you'll have to change sth. in your diet. Always is better to try first with diet as once you are on insulin, you'll stay on insulin. And diabetes that is not hold under control, can do much damage to many organs. So, do not take it so easily and with such stubborness.

There were cases when with the right and strick diet the illness was reversed (diabetes TypeII was gone - meaning that the body again started to produce enough insulin) and if you are really up to and determined to do that, you will really have to stay determined and up to. Strickt, with no excuses. You can check "food hospital". I highly recommend.

I wish you all the best.
And sorry I interfered into this matter, had to so you wouldn't do any nonsense and harm yourself - ok, I know you wouldn't, just a percaution ...
Dee

Unread postby Dee » 28 Feb 2016 22:48

:text-+1: To what LeeDee said. It's not a mater to be taken too lightly. Permanent changes to your eating habits will ensure you live a comfortable and healthy life for the remainder of our time here. If done properly you can even likely work ina few of your favorite foods/treats in moderation and appropriate timing.

There are a number of things that can be done to assist with blood sugar regulations. A few natural substances are being examined in recent years because of their ability to assit with or even reverse type II diabetes. Particulary early on in the development of insulin resistance or signal cascade breakdown.

Cinnimon extract:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16634838
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24019277

Cyanidin 3-glucoside (C3G):
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25940979
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26477387

(Search away on PubMed for more studies if you please, geekiness is beautiful)
Both of these compounds are available on the market from a number of manufacturers.

Much love and all the best.
:romance-grouphug:
Anna

Unread postby Anna » 28 Feb 2016 23:35

Thanks Marie, LeeDee and Dee for your suggestions
:romance-kisscheek:
And apologies to alc for hijacking your thread! :oops:
alc

Unread postby alc » 29 Feb 2016 07:54

And apologies to alc for hijacking your thread! :oops:[/quote]

It fits perfectly. Maybe name of the thread we should change to diet only, anyhow was always ment our diet never personal .
:romance-grouphug: :happy-sunshine:
the hague

Unread postby the hague » 29 Feb 2016 18:25

Anna wrote:, high protein diet is best for me

To digest a 150 gm. steak, your pancreas needs segregate as much insulin as for 225 gm. of white sugar. This is because the body need much insulin to synthesize proteins. Anyway this is too long to explain how it work, I suggest not to take animals proteins until you get healthy.

Keep away also from: Refined oils, white flours, alcohol and sugar white or brown.Stevia to sweeten.

Good foods for diabetic: 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder daily, will keep your level of sugar in blood balanced, turmeric powder very effective also, and paprika has capsaicin as an active ingredient that cure diabetic.

20 minutes of sunbathing daily, VERY IMPORTANT.

"Once diabetic, diabetic forever" THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE.

My best wishes. :greetings-waveyellow:
astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 29 Feb 2016 18:41

the hague wrote:

To digest a 150 gm. steak, your pancreas needs segregate as much insulin as for 225 gm. of white sugar. This is because the body need much insulin to synthesize proteins. Anyway this is too long to explain how it work, I suggest not to take animals proteins until you get healthy.

Keep away also from: Refined oils, white flours, alcohol and sugar white or brown.Stevia to sweeten.

Good foods for diabetic: 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder daily, will keep your level of sugar in blood balanced, turmeric powder very effective also, and paprika has capsaicin as an active ingredient that cure diabetic.

20 minutes of sunbathing daily, VERY IMPORTANT.

"Once diabetic, diabetic forever" THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE.

This sounds similar to a "ketogenic" diet. I'm currently trying out a similar diet. In addition to what you wrote, it's also supposed to help with general inflammation problems as well as mental "disorders" (anxiety, depression, etc.)

So far I'm having more mental clarity on this diet. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
I've also realized that I'm addicted to sugar. :laughing-rolling:
Anna

Unread postby Anna » 29 Feb 2016 19:09

the hague wrote:

To digest a 150 gm. steak, your pancreas needs segregate as much insulin as for 225 gm. of white sugar. This is because the body need much insulin to synthesize proteins. Anyway this is too long to explain how it work, I suggest not to take animals proteins until you get healthy. Interesting...I've not heard this before

Keep away also from: Refined oils, white flours, alcohol and sugar white or brown.Stevia to sweeten
I was aware of these, although not the oils or alcohol. Anything made with sugar and grains send my levels sky high

Good foods for diabetic: 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder daily, will keep your level of sugar in blood balanced Ive heard about this before but how would you take this? I don't eat cereals, turmeric powder very effective also, and paprika has capsaicin as an active ingredient that cure diabetic.

20 minutes of sunbathing daily, VERY IMPORTANT. I wish! I live in Scotland! :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

"Once diabetic, diabetic forever" THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Again, I have heard this is reversible but there are so many conflicting theories...

thank you!
Anna

Unread postby Anna » 29 Feb 2016 19:28

When I stick to what is similar to the Atkin Diet, I lose weight, have more physical energy, can think more clearly and am more stable in mood...I suppose everyone is different and I know what works for me :happy-sunshine:
It's sticking to the plan that's the problem, especially when you're tempted! :angelic-red:
I'm also a bit wary of trying different things (for example MMS, bicarbonate of soda, etc) which may abreact with the meds I'm currently taking :puke-huge: :puke-huge: :puke-huge:
I do take a multi vitamin and Vitamin C though.
Incidentally, has anyone tried "diatomaceous earth" (silica) and found any major benefit from it? :?:
the hague

Unread postby the hague » 01 Mar 2016 00:32

Anna wrote: 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder daily, will keep your level of sugar in blood balanced Ive heard about this before but how would you take this? I don't eat cereals, turmeric powder very effective also, and paprika has capsaicin as an active ingredient that cure diabetic.

:greetings-waveyellow: Cinnamon : along the day with tea, fruit juice others liquids [not scottish liquid whiskey :wink: ]
Turmeric: cooked at the end 3 or 4 minutes with any vegetable, just as condiment.
Papricka: cooked too.

Anna wrote:20 minutes of sunbathing daily, VERY IMPORTANT. I wish! I live in Scotland!

Oh la la...I lived in Aberdeen....I know exactly what you mean, no matter try to find out.
Anna wrote:
Again, I have heard this is reversible but there are so many conflicting theories...

Who make these theories.......Find your own theorie, that's the matter. Your health, your responsibility. :shhh:

Anna wrote:I suppose everyone is different and I know what works for me[/q

That for sure but always we are learning.

Anna wrote:I'm also a bit wary of trying different things (for example MMS, bicarbonate of soda,

MMS don't worry, I take 3 and 3 drops every day never fell physical ill [ mind is another business :roll: ]
Bicarbonate: try to find the one without aluminium.

Anna wrote:I do take a multi vitamin and Vitamin C though.

Vitamin : Be very careful actually nobody knows the dose and are synthetic the body don't recognize them, your kidneys will suffer a lot to eliminate; worst if do accumulate somewhere in your body.

Try to find Umeboshi japanese fermented plums the best bio-available food, full of vit C and potasium and many more vits and 94 main minerals.

:happy-wavemulticolor:
marie

Unread postby marie » 01 Mar 2016 01:46

Also read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2082

Turmeric is fantastic! I drink turmeric tea everyday. If I ever feel like I am starting to get a cold, turmeric tea will knock it out very quickly.

I like Gotu Kola for mental clarity, although when I bought the Organic India brand of Gotu Kola, it had a quote from Ramana Maharshi :angry-devil: on the bottle, and it made me feel like shit. Maybe it was a coincidence, but I would steer clear of that brand.

Magnesium is crucial for me. I can't recommend that one enough, especially for migraines and kidney stones.

I also take a lot of iodine (Lugol's iodine solution), which is really important for cellular function.

Return to “Archive”