Lesson 6: Respect yourself!

Δύναμις

Lesson 6: Respect yourself!

Unread postby Δύναμις » 04 Aug 2019 19:09

Would you say that you have respected yourself at any given moment of your earthy life?

I didn't! Hard and painful to admit it, but true. I don't recall any details this very moment and it will cost me much effort to remember certain situations but this doesn't make the lack of self-respect less true.

We all (darks, dark supporters and traitors excluded!) need to keep in mind that we are beings with fully developed consciousness and we deserve respect for our mere existence. We shouldn't underestimate our value. Our human body or our earthy wealth is NOT an indicator for respect. People learnt to bow in front of (self named)authorities and especially money. Both do not deserve our respect by any means.

We owe respect to ourselves and we should do our best to keep this in mind, especially in hard situations.

# Don't let people control you with their opinion about you! They are free to think whatever their like, don't make their opinion about you to your own credo. Also remember to never take anything personally even if they are talking about you. You never know who is behind the speaking avatar and what they see/want to see in you. Take your time to analyse and reflect if you are up to it or simply ignore it.

# Don't speak bad about yourself! We all make mistakes, but we shouldn't overdo it with blaming ourselves for it. Better concentrate on their correction and learn from it.

# Control your emotions! Do not do/say things that you may regret bitterly in future. Of course talking helps clearing situations and it is quite hard to keep your mouth shut when you feel the emotions taking over, but maybe worth trying to stop your tongue in time.

Don't lower yourself to adjust to others! Be modest and thoughtful, don't show off with your skills/abilities but don't degrade yourself to accommodate others.
Anton
Signature: A̛͂͐̾̈̊͐̓͑̎̚͏̶̢̞̟͉̻̲y̱̫͔̮͓͑̾̇̑̎ͨ̌̎ͫ̎̽̔̑͌̆̿͒̉͜͟y̭̯͖̱̳͔̞̞̤̲̰͔̣̱̘̿̓̿͌̍̽̐͗͋̅̅ͭ̋ͩͮ̑̋͐̕͝ͅ

Re: Lesson 6: Respect yourself!

Unread postby Anton » 04 Aug 2019 19:24

:text-+1: :text-goodpost: :text-thankyoublue:
Anton
Signature: A̛͂͐̾̈̊͐̓͑̎̚͏̶̢̞̟͉̻̲y̱̫͔̮͓͑̾̇̑̎ͨ̌̎ͫ̎̽̔̑͌̆̿͒̉͜͟y̭̯͖̱̳͔̞̞̤̲̰͔̣̱̘̿̓̿͌̍̽̐͗͋̅̅ͭ̋ͩͮ̑̋͐̕͝ͅ

Unread postby Anton » 04 Aug 2019 21:18

I just thought about this, and I think, even though you were not "actively practicing" self-respect, you had wayy more than most people, because you didn't buy into the shit down here! This generally applies to a lot of G3+ ones and especially the people on this forum. All the G4- ones are those who in reality have no self-respect. One example of how this shows is how a lot of them have expectations for their relatives futures/career even though they didn't manage to get anything done themselves. The moment they "voluntarily" made deals with darks or commited treason or commited dark crimes, they decided to give up their real self-respect and decided to live in a delusion, a bad fake of it, trying to get it from how they look or how much money they have etc.!
So what this means to me is, that not only your opinion of yourself at times/ down here represents how much self-respect you have, but also what you have done up to now, or much rather what you didn't do (buy into the dark shit)!
Jude

Unread postby Jude » 04 Aug 2019 23:45

A great reminder that I wish I had integrated in my younger years.

Thanks Alex for the post! :text-goodpost:
:romance-grouphug:
Dynatós

Unread postby Dynatós » 05 Aug 2019 02:10

Anton wrote:I just thought about this, and I think, even though you were not "actively practicing" self-respect, you had wayy more than most people, because you didn't buy into the shit down here! This generally applies to a lot of G3+ ones and especially the people on this forum. All the G4- ones are those who in reality have no self-respect. One example of how this shows is how a lot of them have expectations for their relatives futures/career even though they didn't manage to get anything done themselves. The moment they "voluntarily" made deals with darks or commited treason or commited dark crimes, they decided to give up their real self-respect and decided to live in a delusion, a bad fake of it, trying to get it from how they look or how much money they have etc.!
So what this means to me is, that not only your opinion of yourself at times/ down here represents how much self-respect you have, but also what you have done up to now, or much rather what you didn't do (buy into the dark shit)!

:text-goodpost:
Shellers
Signature: Shelly

Unread postby Shellers » 05 Aug 2019 02:38

Thanks Alex. A very important and timely post. Self respect was not taught when I was growing up. Our job, as kids, was to just obediently fall into lockstep with whatever whim occurred to our adults whether it was honest, ethical, decent or not. When we did what they commanded, only then were we worthwhile. That became my pattern in order to feel even remotely good about myself. Such bullshit!

For the last maybe 15 years I have been working at breaking those old patterns and realizing my importance and value.

:romance-smileyheart:
Freedom Fiter

Unread postby Freedom Fiter » 05 Aug 2019 03:52

[quote="Δύναμις"]Would you say that you have respected yourself at any given moment of your earthy life?

Hae Protector Δύναμις.
:greetings-wavingyellow: :greetings-wavingyellow: :greetings-wavingyellow:

Protector says it all & question answered. Do you/ can you believe in that first paragraph. :romance-grouphug: :romance-grouphug: :romance-grouphug:

I had written another novel :text-lol: :text-lol: then it gets Logged out, such a waste. Hope it would of helped some other members. Lator Gator moment.

Freedom Fiter
:banana-angel: :banana-angel: :banana-angel:
Jude

Unread postby Jude » 05 Aug 2019 04:22

Shellers wrote:Thanks Alex. A very important and timely post. Self respect was not taught when I was growing up. Our job, as kids, was to just obediently fall into lockstep with whatever whim occurred to our adults whether it was honest, ethical, decent or not. When we did what they commanded, only then were we worthwhile. That became my pattern in order to feel even remotely good about myself. Such bullshit!

For the last maybe 15 years I have been working at breaking those old patterns and realizing my importance and value.

:romance-smileyheart:

Shellers,
I can certainly relate to your post.
My house was run on fear.
I learned early on to be seen and not heard.
As a result I spent a lot of time reading books and/or exploring the outside which imbued me with a love of the outdoors....the only positive in an otherwise crappy
childhood.
009bliss

Unread postby 009bliss » 05 Aug 2019 19:10

What a delight to log on and see your timely wise words,
Alex! Thank you. What a wonderful thing to read on a Monday morning. :happy-sunshine:
Shellers
Signature: Shelly

Unread postby Shellers » 05 Aug 2019 19:49

"I can certainly relate to your post. So difficult for children to find their way through these experiences then it takes a certain awareness and tenacity as an adult to work through it all. Sorry you too had to go through this.
I learned early on to be seen and not heard.
As a result I spent a lot of time reading books and/or exploring the outside which imbued me with a love of the outdoors....the only positive in an otherwise crappy
childhood.[/quote]
Liv

Unread postby Liv » 05 Aug 2019 21:07

Wonderful words of wisdom as always Alex. :happy-smileyflower:
I always end up speaking badly about myself when I do something silly, it takes me a while to move on from it even after I made amends.
:text-thankyoublue: :romance-grouphug:
Flow

Unread postby Flow » 08 Aug 2019 08:18

This is so important. Thank you, Alex! :happy-sunshine:
We have to always remember and life like this. Influences will always try to make you bad without a reason. And after the influences the imprints do the same thing. So it is important to always hold this in mind..
:romance-grouphug:

Return to “Become a better person = become who you really are”