Lesson 1: Learn to ignore!

Δύναμις

Lesson 1: Learn to ignore!

Unread postby Δύναμις » 28 Sep 2016 17:36

:greetings-wavingyellow:

I wouldn't say ignorance is bliss in general, because I consider decent knowledge as the most powerful and peaceful weapon ever, but in many cases it is way better to learn to ignore instead of trying to understand how and why.

What should you learn to ignore?

* First of all your own fears!
Being cautious is one thing, being overcautious is another thing. You should always take precautions to avoid damages of any kind, but you shouldn't overreact. Ignore unfounded fears and don't let them take grip of you and turn you to a maniac.

* Second, learn to ignore stupid, malevolent or inadvertent comments against your person!
What's the point to argue with idiots that are not able to see your real self? They compare what they see/hear with what they know, but ignore totally - means have no knowledge at all of - who or what you really are. Fighting against such comments is in the best case wasted time, in the worst case food for darks (they live from the negativity they create).

* Third, learn to ignore inappropriate comments from friends!
Don't say or do things you may regret! If you have a real problem with a friend for some reason, give your friendship a chance and talk about it. Beware of friends who rely on your kindness and take advantage of you. These are not real friends. Better get rid of them in time! :happy-smileyflower:

* Last, learn to ignore your false ego!
The ego that pushes you to put yourself over others, the ego that is looking for recognition and makes you feel like trash if you don't get any or enough. You don't need others to define your value. You are who you are and you are great as you are (as long as you follow the 5 light rules of course)! Learn to ignore every feeling that imposes inferiority on you and everything that awakes superiority feelings in you! Putting yourself above others doesn't make you to a better person!

Keep the above in mind and your life will become much easier! :wink:

:romance-grouphug: :romance-heartsthree:
Drack

Re: Lesson 1: Learn to ignore!

Unread postby Drack » 28 Sep 2016 18:18

why do i instantly feel addressed to this thread ? :whistle: :text-lol:

and life will be easier for sure. but for me the problem on this is rather on the recognizing-side than on the proper ignorance on it . it more feels like i ignore the necessary things and hold on the useless stuff :laughing-rolling:

really good roundup on the topic useful ignorance. i´ll definitely try to keep those in mind and hopefully it will help others to understand a bit

:text-thankyoublue: :romance-grouphug:
LeeDee

Unread postby LeeDee » 28 Sep 2016 18:51

This topic needs more attention that it gets. And it should be read with active attitude.
And if I may, my dear Alex :romance-smileyheart: , I'd add just one word to last point as I am particurally sensitive to the mentioned behaviour/attitude ...

Learn to ignore every feeling that imposes inferiority and also your own superiorityon you!
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 28 Sep 2016 18:58

Drack wrote: but for me the problem on this is rather on the recognizing-side than on the proper ignorance on it . it more feels like i ignore the necessary things and hold on the useless stuff :laughing-rolling:

Right! That's a very special skill of yours! :laughing-rolling:
You somehow do have the ability to mix important with unimportant stuff and make a great mess. I guess, it is about time for you to change priorities in your life. Once you have set your priorities you have automatically created a "list" with important issues. Everything that comes up and fits in one of your priority points is considered important. Everything else is unimportant.

:romance-grouphug:
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 28 Sep 2016 19:01

LeeDee wrote:This topic needs more attention that it gets. And it should be read with active attitude.
And if I may, my dear Alex :romance-smileyheart: , I'd add just one word to last point as I am particurally sensitive to the mentioned behaviour/attitude ...

Learn to ignore every feeling that imposes inferiority and also your own superiorityon you!

Yes, yes! You may and you should add! This is the main point of a thread.
I changed it now.

:text-thankyoublue: :romance-kisscheek: :romance-heartsthree:
Little One

Unread postby Little One » 29 Sep 2016 03:29

Drank, maybe my problem is the same as yours.

Being able to ignore is probably one of my bigger problems. From time to time I try to ignore certain things but it only lasts one day, if so long. Then the other thing is if I'm ignoring the correct things.
It's easier to ignore things from those who are not my immediate family but when it comes to the ones who are closest to me and I live with them it becomes difficult especially if they have authority over me and want me to be in a specific way.
This is one really difficult thing but here I go again with trying it, this time with more motivation.....thanks.
delta

Unread postby delta » 29 Sep 2016 07:53

I don't understand how to value my life when I cannot enjoy it. Everything eats at me constantly, big and small until I cant block it all anymore and I collapse again. I'm so lonely and desperate for anything to make my life better, I just want to fight and end this war because there is no life here.

I'm trying to deal with these emotions because I know that as long as they continue to consume me I will never be able to be happy and the downward spiral negativity creates will never stop. Darks are attracted to me and most others are driven away by the pain inside me that comes out without my control.

People give me advice like fake a smile until you believe it. This world and these people are so sick. I just want this to be over.
astrochimp

Unread postby astrochimp » 29 Sep 2016 14:15

delta wrote:I don't understand how to value my life when I cannot enjoy it. Everything eats at me constantly, big and small until I cant block it all anymore and I collapse again. I'm so lonely and desperate for anything to make my life better, I just want to fight and end this war because there is no life here.

I'm trying to deal with these emotions because I know that as long as they continue to consume me I will never be able to be happy and the downward spiral negativity creates will never stop. Darks are attracted to me and most others are driven away by the pain inside me that comes out without my control.

People give me advice like fake a smile until you believe it. This world and these people are so sick. I just want this to be over.

You're not alone Joel. It's hard just existing here at this time for people like us. It wasn't always this hard but it's been progressively getting harder and harder for us. I wish I could tell you my special method for getting through it unscathed but I have no such information or skill.

The odds are currently against us so we have to be on our toes and do everything we can to persevere and keep going forward. By that I mean feed your body, get enough rest/sleep, take good vitamins/supplements, exercise and don't forget to breathe deeply as frequently as you can.

:romance-grouphug:
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 29 Sep 2016 15:27

Golden Eagle wrote: From time to time I try to ignore certain things but it only lasts one day, if so long. Then the other thing is if I'm ignoring the correct things.

Who dictates what is correct or not?
Your family?
Your friends?
Your teachers (if any)?
The society?
Why do you care about what others say/think?

What about your own opinion? Do you have one?

Probably not (as your next sentences showed clearly). This is where your problem starts. Change that! Read/learn as much as you can till you are able to have on own opinion. You don't have to be 100% in anything you do/say. But you have to be able to take the responsibility for your actions. This is the main thing and your main problem. You are not settled enough (in mind) to be able to carry the consequences of your actions and waste your time and energy for meaningless things.

Golden Eagle wrote:It's easier to ignore things from those who are not my immediate family but when it comes to the ones who are closest to me and I live with them it becomes difficult especially if they have authority over me and want me to be in a specific way.

You are not the first one that has to live with the family and has this problem. But it is still up to you to learn to ignore certain things and learn to cope with others, so you keep the damages low for as long as needed. Don't give up at yourself (although I get the feeling that you did that long time ago) but give up at your efforts to change others or things to your favor. You need to be prepared to change things. Use the time to prepare yourself and the change will come "all by itself".

I know, all that may sound impolite to you, but learn to ignore the negative feelings my words may cause to you and get the meaning of them! The negative feelings in you are caused by dark influences not by me. I don't know you personally, so there is no way I could have something against you. I only perceive you/your problems through your posts and try my best to help you (if you let me).
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 29 Sep 2016 15:46

delta wrote:I don't understand how to value my life when I cannot enjoy it. Everything eats at me constantly, big and small until I cant block it all anymore and I collapse again. I'm so lonely and desperate for anything to make my life better, I just want to fight and end this war because there is no life here.

My dear delta, you know I :romance-adore: you and I appreciate your gentle, thoughtful way a lot, but I think I have to be harsh to you this time.
You mentioned a few months ago that you are lonely and you were overwhelmed by the answers you received from our members. What happened to that feeling/beginning friendships? Why wasn't possible to keep up the communication? It demands big efforts on you side, I am fully aware of this, but you should also know that nobody on/ above or below earth can change that, if YOU don't want, if you don't take the hand they reach out to you.
You remind me a lot of a drowning person who tries everything to get out of the water except swimming or accepting the rope thrown towards him. What do you expect? You are not fighting in the war, but you are fighting against yourself! We can't help you in this war, but you can help us if you get your butt out of that damn water! Take the rope and get out of there! The helicopter is overloaded and can't fish you out of there now. Open your eyes, get grip of the bloody rope which is bouncing in front of your nose for months/years now and get out of there! As soon as you do that, your life can start!

delta wrote:I'm trying to deal with these emotions because I know that as long as they continue to consume me I will never be able to be happy and the downward spiral negativity creates will never stop. Darks are attracted to me and most others are driven away by the pain inside me that comes out without my control.

Don't be that dramatic, my friend! The pain you are talking about is dark influence or dark driven. It is there to break you. You need to learn to accept the help you are given. I am sure Frank would gladly make programs to help you deal with those emotions, you only need to ask him to do so. You need to sort out those emotions. They are NOT yours and they are not you!

delta wrote:People give me advice like fake a smile until you believe it. This world and these people are so sick. I just want this to be over.

Great! I would rather be dead (free) than live in this prison and go through that mess over and over again, but you know what? YOU, me and all the others are HERE NOW because we are the ones that can make it! We (you and many others included) are the ones that can end the war and give life the needed space. Be a good boy, stop moaning, get out of your rabbit hole and let's do the job! :wink:

:romance-grouphug: :romance-kisscheek: :romance-heartsthree:
delta

Unread postby delta » 30 Sep 2016 07:13

I will always appreciate your honesty regardless of how it may offend others, I may get really depressed at times but you could never hurt my feelings by trying to help me, and that goes for anyone else here as well. Truth is too valuable. I guess my problem still lies in making the definition of what is and isn't me. I've never wanted to ask more than was necessary for myself because your burdens are big enough already. I feel I've been making slow progress with myself and im becoming better at recognising the manipulations but I still have a long way to go. I almost didn't make this dramatic post yesterday but I found myself pushed to exhaustion by a long fortnight at my workplace. I appreciate your understanding, it's easy to hope for a magic solution. I know I am weak in applying myself, but I've definitely noticed many of the barriers that held me back before are gone too. I guess I have the protoi to thank for this. :romance-grouphug:
Δύναμις

Unread postby Δύναμις » 30 Sep 2016 16:13

delta wrote:I guess my problem still lies in making the definition of what is and isn't me. I've never wanted to ask more than was necessary for myself because your burdens are big enough already.

As I already said, you are so nice and thoughtful, but it's about time to be thoughtful to yourself too! We all have/had to learn to value ourselves anew. We shouldn't put our ego in the first place but we shouldn't ignore our own needs either. Taking your piece of cake doesn't make you selfish. How can you be fair to others if you can't be fair to yourself?
Never hesitate to ask for help. You are there for others, others are there for you. As simple as that. You may have to wait a bit, but we'll always answer as soon as possible. Everyone of our members would do that.
You know you are welcome here! Use your chance, communicate with the others and please start this removal program as soon as possible.

:romance-grouphug: :romance-heartsthree: :romance-kisscheek:
Drack

Unread postby Drack » 30 Sep 2016 16:18

Δύναμις wrote:How can you be fair to others if you can't be fair to yourself?

such a strong quote :romance-grouphug: :romance-heartsthree: and so true. and really hard to learn at first.
but as more you heed this the easier it becomes a part in your life and it brings you well-being :happy-smileyflower:
Frank
Administrator
Signature: Infos about my nick:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4#p6

Unread postby Frank » 30 Sep 2016 16:41

About 15 years ago my then mentor told me:

"You have to learn serenity!"

And he was 100% right in this. I was a hothead...
But serenity is the precondition if you want to react and act with clear head, fair, fast and straight.
I needed maybe 5-7 years to learn this... :laughing-rolling:

Ignoring shit and idiots is the precondition to learn serenity...
Anna
Signature: Really?! Hmm...Let me think about that...

Unread postby Anna » 30 Sep 2016 18:18

Frank wrote:About 15 years ago my then mentor told me:

"You have to learn serenity!"

And he was 100% right in this. I was a hothead...
But serenity is the precondition if you want to react and act with clear head, fair, fast and straight.
I needed maybe 5-7 years to learn this... :laughing-rolling:

Ignoring shit and idiots is the precondition to learn serenity...

I would agree and being of Italian descent, learning to do this was difficult as my "passion" for making a point is still often misconstrued as "aggression" :roll:
I equate this to a habit which is like a "well-worn path through the jungle" and the need to create a new path which, because it involves change is difficult, uncomfortable, takes conscious thought and needs time :wink:

Return to “Become a better person = become who you really are”