Lesson 3: Be generous!

Δύναμις

Lesson 3: Be generous!

Unread postby Δύναμις » 24 Jan 2017 22:39

:greetings-waveyellow:

Generosity is not a genetic disorder as many people would think :text-lol: but a virtue Generosity (also called largess) is the virtue of not being tied down by concerns about one's possessions. Often it means to provide help to others by giving them an (usually precious) item without thinking twice. (wikipedia).

Little excursus: The virtue of not being tied down by concerns about one's possessions. Excellent wording that gives you a lot to think about. "Possession" is a very enchanting and meaningful word. People are possessed by their possessions. The more you possess, the more you have to take care of. People who have less tend to envy people with more and so on. The whole human life evolves around possession and makes you forget that physical possessions doesn't make you a better person.

My definition of generosity is a bit different as it is not limited in sharing physical goods or money.

Being generous is a way of life and not matter of possession.

Be generous to yourself!
Give yourself the time needed to process certain experiences. Time is supposed to be money, which makes it extremely precious to many people. Isn't time the most natural thing in this world? Why don't you just take the time to do absolutely nothing? Give yourself a little treat and let your thoughts free. Take the time to find yourself and enjoy your beloved ones.
Never hesitate to give yourself a little treat! Enjoying little things makes your life easier and there is no reason why you should feel bad for being able to enjoy.
Nothing, absolutely nothing in this world is worth rushing, except in emergency situations to save human lives. Everything else can wait.

Be generous to others!
Only restriction: you give because you feel like giving/supporting. You shouldn't give because you have to or because everyone else does so or because you expect something in return.
Give to whomever and whenever you feel like it and don't wait for special days to show your generosity and love to others.

IMPORTANT:
Please be generous with your own stuff, not with others' stuff!!!
I'll give you an example to make this a bit more understandable to you but also because my nasty self would like some revenge for what that person did to us (even if it was part of the "job" at the end = traitor uncovered) :happy-smileyflower:
This person lived with us for about 3 months. He shared part of our expenses by giving us about a 3rd of the rent, incl. all the expenses during a month like food, wash etc. He was quite frugal with his own money and things. I.e. he would wash his clothes once a month, but he would have a shower every morning, knowing that hot water is very expensive here. He wouldn't buy any extra food, but he would eat two plates at a time and so on. He was very generous with our stuff, but not with his own. At the end his monthly contribution was not even covering what he was using/wasting. He was not able to understand that by saving money himself he was damaging us.
I helped him to find a trader for some art he had inherited and he promised to share with us if anything sells. Well, months later after I kicked him out (because I couldn't take that trash any longer not even for the sake of the mission which made me tolerate him for almost 3 months) the trader send us by mistake some info about the sold items. Needless to say that we never saw any financial support or any sharing from him although he is supposed to be a "light person". Later it turned out that he was a traitor and so is his 3d behavior towards the Protoi and the mission fully understandable now. He didn't come to help or be a part of the team but he came to stop us. Bad luck for him.

Three years since then and thanks to some of our members we did survive without him or his help. :wink: :text-thankyoublue: for that!

:romance-grouphug:
Jude

Re: Lesson 3: Be generous!

Unread postby Jude » 29 Mar 2017 20:35

I appreciate the loving generous beings in this world immensely.
I would not be alive today or at the very least totally screwed up/damaged if not for those ones who took me in from the streets when I was a young runaway of 15 yrs of age. ( Which I might add was MANY years ago.. LOL )
They were loving angels for me in a time of great pain/confusion.

Nowadays I see corporations and stores asking for donations to help some sort of group in need and there is even an option at my grocery store to donate money which is then added to your bill at the end of the transaction.
Such a scam!
The stores get tax right offs for the donations that come out of other peoples pocket.
As well there is no personal connection.
I feel this is important in some way which I can not define...not for recognition or ego though, something deeper... an act of love and caring with no strings attached.

I read an article once on how various groups like the Red Cross pay their CEOS large amounts of money in terms of salary and huge perks.
And the running for cancer cure...another huge money maker that does nothing but feed the darks.
Rant...rant...rant...
Any ways....Thank you Alex :romance-smileyheart: for the reminder that helping each other and being generous with others is important but that discernment is key.
:text-goodpost:
Kira

Unread postby Kira » 31 Mar 2017 14:24

:greetings-waveyellow:
I was allways thinking that people who have much more than thay need for decent life,should give the rest of the property to someone else who doesnt have enough..
:romance-grouphug:
Last edited by Kira on 15 Apr 2018 10:05, edited 3 times in total.
Pegazus

Unread postby Pegazus » 31 Mar 2017 16:58

Kira wrote::greetings-waveyellow:
I was allways thinking that people who have much more than thay need for decent life,should give the rest of the property to someone else who doesnt have enough..
My unkle was minister for economics in this country and he made(took) a LOT of money and in whole his life he gave me just once 150 euros like present for my wedding..he never asked do i need something that he can help with and there was time when i was alone with my son without job..so dark behavior..he had the same three cars just in another colour..wtf?/'*@:'
For me is natural to give when i can.i have friend who is working 8 years like surgeon but he is not paid at all(that is like ''normal''here..)and i was giving to him a small amount whenever i could.but now that amount will goes to much more important family..and i think we all should do that. :romance-grouphug:

Let me note that if your uncle would have given you and others the money he wouldnt have money at all in the first place.That would indicate some light behaviour and no light got that kind of money or power.
150 euro is big amount for many of us but for you at that occasion it was sure an insult.
Shellers
Signature: Shelly

Unread postby Shellers » 31 Mar 2017 17:34

150 euro is big amount for many of us but for you at that occasion it was sure an insult.[/quote]

I am trying to understand why this would be an insult. Is it because the uncle was wealthy and in comparison, the 150 euro gift was very small? Because I don't personally know any of the people in this situation, I cannot make a determination but I do know that my husband and I were thought to be stingy some years ago when we didn't spend and give more freely to extended family. We were not wealthy but were comfortable and were able to put extra money into retirement savings. In addition, we did not feel comfortable with large monetary gifts in general but especially with those specific people for many reasons.
Jude

Unread postby Jude » 31 Mar 2017 18:27

Shellers wrote:150 euro is big amount for many of us but for you at that occasion it was sure an insult

I am trying to understand why this would be an insult. Is it because the uncle was wealthy and in comparison, the 150 euro gift was very small? Because I don't personally know any of the people in this situation, I cannot make a determination but I do know that my husband and I were thought to be stingy some years ago when we didn't spend and give more freely to extended family. We were not wealthy but were comfortable and were able to put extra money into retirement savings. In addition, we did not feel comfortable with large monetary gifts in general but especially with those specific people for many reasons.

In my perspective I think the point is that people that hoard money is unhealthy (dark) ways.
Nothing wrong with being comfortable.
The issue is what is behind the act of hoarding. It is dark influence/dark behavior.
Pegazus

Unread postby Pegazus » 31 Mar 2017 19:02

Shellers wrote:
Pegazus wrote:150 euro is big amount for many of us but for you at that occasion it was sure an insult.

I am trying to understand why this would be an insult. ....

Because it was a wedding and the guy was supposed to be a powerful character(minister for economics) with lots of money or so i think.
Well compared to zero it was still something but probably this was the bare minimum he had choose to still look ok-ish.
So he didnt choose the potential amount that could show some generosity but still not strip him out of his wealth.

Actually i would have been underwhelmed and disappointed in that case.
If someone in a position like that can only gift that much for a family member to a wedding its better if he keep it to himself because he is in trouble.
And even in poor countries in political positions there are always a loooots and lots of money going on.....
Kira

Unread postby Kira » 31 Mar 2017 19:15

I think that you did not understand the point of my posting..
Pointing on my unkle was only example and that gift that he gave me was the Only thing ever.With his money could live whole family or other needing people but he capt only for him self..but this example is all around us..
Maybe i dont write well english i dont know..
What i was trying to say was that we should all from this forum try to help protoi with donations if is posible..thats all :romance-grouphug:

Ps.im new maybe allready everybody does that :)

Return to “Become a better person = become who you really are”